Cold

A/N: General Warnings: The happy ending depends on who you ship in above pairings. Also, there will be some OOCness with Hermione and Draco... sorry for that but wanted to bring certain elements into this story.

Beta: draggonsandotters on FF.net (You are marvelous!!!)

This was written for the Quills & Parchments Facebook Group OS competione – Prompt: Scandal

It received Runner-Up in the following three categories (Which I'm actually bouncing through the roof for!):

-    Fan Favourite

-    Stand Alone

-    Most Scandelous

Cold

(This Plunny got me as I listened to 'So Cold' by Ben Cocks. I suggest you listen to it while reading the first part of this fic)

Hermione paced up and down her living room agitatedly; he was late. He was never late. Feeling her wards shift she relaxed, he was here. Hermione turned around and watched as her front door opened to reveal the wizard that at that moment walked into her apartment. His long, straight, blonde hair was tied back in a black ribbon neatly, and her breath caught as the familiar reaction unfurled in her stomach. Raging butterflies along with intensive electricity shot through her body; this wizard alone could evoke such a physical reaction from her being.

Lucius Malfoy stood looking at her after closing the door behind him, his usual smirk not in place.

Hermione didn't notice it as she only launched across the room to plant her lips to his hungrily. She needed him this night even more than the other times. Within seconds his unusual reluctance melted away as he started returning her kisses frantically, his arms encircled her waist to cup her arse cheeks as he pulled her up against him harshly. She circled her legs around his waist and hooked her feet behind him, never once did they break the hungry kiss.

Lucius walked them to the nearest wall where he pressed her back; still, their mouths devoured each other in the battle for dominance as their tongues meshed. Her hands buried into his hair as she discarded the ribbon, soon his smooth locks were disheveled and her hands scrunching fistfuls as she kept his head securely positioned to her lips.  Hermione pulled her mouth away to breath into his ear as his lips trailed down her jaw fervently.

"You smell like her —" He cut her off with a growl as he nipped her earlobe. "When we are finished I will smell of you Hermione, and you of me."

She groaned as he sucked on her earlobe, and her hands fisted his hair harshly, "You said she was no one, just a business colleague... yet tonight you certainly seemed the part of lovers Lucius—"

Her wizard only chuckled, and then his lips mashed against her once more as he ground his erection against her, their clothing barely a barrier between them. "Hush... just let it be."

And Hermione let it be, so they continued as they had for almost two years now. Lovers of the night.

LMHG

They were lying entangled together in her bed, just like they did every night. Lucius lived with her for all intents and purposes. He only slept at the manor if he had guests over, otherwise, he would be with her. But it was always at night when no one would know. They both had their reasons for it; she was afraid of her friends' reactions, and Lucius, well she was still muggleborn, and he was still on the slow journey of changing his perspectives. But he was changing.

Hermione stared up at the ceiling in the darkness; she felt uneasy.

It had started when he had entered the ministry reception with Estelle Selwyn clinging to his arm; that witch was needling her way all the more into her lover's life. It started as a business proposition between the Selwyn and Malfoy companies, but the business meetings soon became lunch dates and later even dinner dates. Lucius insisted it was only business, but Hermione was a woman, and women knew when something was brewing.