Chapter 1

I sat in my desk, looking out the window to my left. I looked around through the window examining campus. I did it. I'm at Shiratorizawa.

It's crazy how time passed. I remember I was sitting with (Bf/n) talking about this school and now I'm finally here. I'm not too much impressed about the uniform and such but I'll be alright.

Shiratorizawa is a nice school just from my first day here, it's just like any other normal school, but I can see a difference in the classroom work ethics. It's a bit more challenging but I feel like I'm gonna do okay here. Yes this school is big and they do have dorms for students who live a far but living only 20 minutes away I just stayed home. And besides I like to that way, I wouldn't know what to do without my grandmother.

"Alright class, first things first to kick off the school year is a group project."

Everyone in the room got silent. I could sense that some of the students didn't like the idea of having a project right away on the first day of school. Even myself I didn't like it.

"Now this isn't just any normal project but a project to get to know someone. I will put you in groups of two and I'll give you instruction on what you need to do when your with your partners."

The teacher picked up his clip board and began reading off names. He said 4 groups already till he finally called mine.

"L/n, with Ushijima."

Ushijima?

When all the groups were put together the teacher put his clipboard down and began writing on the board.

"Alright now that you guys have partners, I want you all to do a report about your partner. It's just basic things like, name, where they come from, what their hobbies are etc. I want you all to learn about communication, getting to know someone new. This project is due a week from today. Any questions?"

The class remained silent.

"Okay. Well, get with your partners and you can begin your project. If you guys have questions just come and see me."

Everyone of us got out of our seats and began searching for our partners in the room. I walked around the room to hopefully find mine, but when everyone eventually found theirs, I found mine. He was the only guy standing up by himself.

He had dark olive brown hair and was pretty tall. I flurried my brows. Wait, have I seen him before? He looks familiar.

I walked over to him.

"Are you Ushijima?"

He nodded.

"Okay. Um, I'm your partner." I wanted to slap myself so bad. I just feel so awkward right now.

He sat down in his seat as I grabbed a near by chair sitting close to him. I set my note book down and a pencil.

"So, um, if you have free time to do this project we should totally do so." I suggested.

Ushijima grabbed his pencil and began writing down his name on the paper. As he did I looked down at his hand and noticed he was writing with his left hand.

Wait...

He was the amazing left handed hitter last year in middle school. I mentally slapped myself in the face. I knew he looked familiar. How could I forget?

"H-hey..." I said.

He brought his gaze upon me, exposing his dark olive eyes, giving me his attention. I noticed he had a very stoic facial expression the whole time I was around him.

"Do you play volleyball?" I asked.

He nodded once.

"I'm sorry, I went to Kitagawa Daiichi before I came here, and I saw you guys play against my old school during the Championship."

He didn't say anything but look at me with a dull facial expression. He's kept the same one since I first started talking to him. The least the guy can do is smile?!

"Sorry." I said turning my head away.

"So you knew Oikawa?" He said.

My eyes slightly widened hear him talk to me. But then again I feel like my eyes didn't widened for that, I feel like I did because how deep his voice was, I know of these guys are still getting there man voice but holy! This guy right here, his voice is deepened a bit.

"Y-you can say so..." I replied.

"He's a good setter."

"Y-yeah he is." I scratched the back of me head.

I noticed he was writing down the name of the junior high I went to before coming here. I was still a little amazed that he was the amazing left handed hitter I saw last year. I never knew I was in the same class as him.

"Sorry. Um, I just wanted to say, you're... a really good hitter." I said.

"Thank you." He bluntly.

I looked up to the clock and seen it was 2 minutes before the bell rang.

"Alright class." The teacher got up from his seat. "Im gonna be giving you a few of the class days to finish your project with your partner. So use your time wisely."

I got up from my spot. "Um, just to help finish our project faster, did you wanna stay after school and work on this?"

"I have practice right after school."

"Oh. Well, um... Just let me know when we can."

He nodded.

I got up from the desks chair beside his.

"Wait." He said. "I didn't get your name."

"It's Y/n."

"Y/n. It was nice meeting you."

I gave a small smile. "It was nice meeting you too Ushijima."