Chapter XIX: Beautiful Goodbye

4/12/2016

Rights to some of the characters and plot line go to J. K. Rowling and L. J. Smith. However, some of the characters and most of the plot are mine.

Double update, you're welcome :)

~~~~~~~~~~

Katherina's PoV:

Usually, dressing girlie is not something I enjoy. Especially not in the occasion of formal events. Being from a family that is part of the sacred-twenty-nine means I have attended a lot of formal events, since before I was even able to walk, and I hated every minute of it. But then again, I didn't have a group of giggling friends to make the experience more enjoyable.

The last 5 days leading up to the ball passed incredibly quickly, what with exams going on, so actually getting to the event was a relief. There were times during exams that my friends and I planned mass suicides, but we luckily made it through without having to carry out those plans.

On the day of the ball, we were up in Cathy's room by 7am, starting with the youngest getting ready and working our way up. We began with Cathy, as she more than deserved to be pampered after everything she had been through. Even I joined in the laughter, just glad to see her happy again.

"You're going to look so beautiful in Dracula purple." I smiled at her, wiping a fake tear from my eye.

"Well since you're ditching for Slytherin green, I figured one of us has to carry on the legacy." She giggled back.

And beautiful she was. The dress itself was a deep purple, long and floaty. On the bodice was intricate designs of lace and so she decided to wear no accessories, so as not to take away from the beauty of the dress. She didn't really need the added effort anyway, she looked incredible and I knew our mother would be looking down on us both with a smile at this moment in time.

"So, who is it exactly that you're going with Cathy?" Lisa winked at the young girl as Scarlett finished the final touches to her hair

Cathy blushed deeply, an adorable smile flirting across her face. "Alphard black."

"Ooooooo." The girls giggled.

"We always knew you fancied each other." Rose poked her shoulder teasingly.

"Oh, be quiet." Cathy buried her face in her hands and tried to divert the attention off her.

Once Cathy was sorted and told to sit and relax, the girls moved onto Jillian and Mya, working double fast to sort them both out together.

Jillian ended up choosing a short, ice-blue dress that paired beautifully with her ebony skin, while Mya played it safe, going with a white, lace dress that she knew wouldn't clash with her red-hair.