Chapter Eighteen

Walter grabs the back of my neck, dragging me through the hallway and pushes me into the living room, I stumble, barely righting myself since my hands still cant be used, the small blade digging into my palm slightly before I force my fingers to loosen their grip. Walter, Pete, Jake saunter into the room, seating themselves on the sofa, watching me like prey, another man leans his hip against the door frame. His huge frame fills the space designated for the door, his mop of curly honey brown hair frames his angular face. Piercing green eyes connect with mine for a moment before looking down at the floor, his arms folded over his chest. A strong aura surrounds the man and my instincts trust him.

"Dance. Now." Walter commands while Pete and Jake watch, grotesquely touching their crotches suggestively, I have to swallow the bile. How I wish Byron would suddenly appear with an army, be my knight in shining armour. Have I become so weak that I have to rely on someone else to sort out my problems, damn it, no. I will get out of this, somehow.

"Im not dancing." I reply curtly, daringly. Jake stands, stalking to me, grabbing my chin roughly in his hand, yanking my hair back with his other hand.

"You will dance when we tell you too. We own you now Lara. Your little stunt really pissed us off. Now you pay." Suddenly his lips slam against mine, a bruising violent kiss, for a split second shock causes me to freeze as he yanks my body against his. Finding my muscles again I slam my knee straight into his privates as I bite his lip hard enough to taste his blood. My feet leave the floor as he throws me back, landing hard on the floor I awkwardly scoot backwards until I hit the wall, scrambling to my feet I try to manoeuvre the blade in my hand to cut the ropes binding my wrists. Jake emits a string of swear words at me as he cradles his manhood and presses his other hand against his bleeding lip.

"Stay the hell away from me. Pervert!" I shout at him, flinching slightly as he launches towards me, only for him to be grabbed by Pete and held tightly.

"You little whore. I will kill you!" His threat rings through my mind but I force myself to shrug my shoulders and smile sweetly.

"Sure you dont need to ask your owners permission first?" I retaliate, he knows nothing about me, how dare he call me a whore. His hand grips my throat tightly before I even noticed he had moved, Pete is trying to pull him off but somehow Jake is holding his own against the bigger man, squeezing my neck tighter, cutting my oxygen completely. I try feverously to cut the ropes, I start to feel give in them as my vision starts swimming, in a few seconds I will be out cold. Hooking my leg around his, my foot against the back of his knee I slam my body forward as hard as I can, succeeding to knock him off balance. He hits the floor along with Pete, his hand releases my neck and I quickly launch back against the wall, coughing at the sudden influx of oxygen to my starved cells. I notice Walter hasnt moved but is rather watching with sick delight as his lap dogs lay on the floor, probably planning their next attack. Stupid ropes.

"Boys. Enough fighting. Come. Sit." Walter commands, I cant help but whistle like you would to a puppy, Jake almost launches at me again but Pete throws him to the sofa instead, glaring at me.

"Dance Lara. I wont assist you next time." Pete raises his eyebrow expectantly.

"Assisting me? Pah. You sure you didnt do it just to kiss your owners ass more. Youre his little lap dogs. How does it feel to be someones slave." This time Pete slams me against the wall, his hands wrapped around my upper arms, his face so close it is almost touching mine. I force my arms to stay still, make them think I am still tied.

"I am no ones slave. I do as I please. I always get what I want." His eyes roam down my body and I get his hidden meaning, revulsion courses through me.