Six people

"Are you alright?"

A boy with ruffled hair, probably her age, freckles on his cheeks, bright eyes and wearing a flannel with some tattered jeans appeared in front of her.

Millie wiped her hands on her dirty Nirvana shirt. "Im.. Im okay." Her face was still visibly stained with tears and her poor denim shorts got ripped in the fall.

"Are you--"

"Finn! Finn!!!"

A girl with red hair and blue eyes ran towards them. She was wearing a red flannel that matched her hair.

"Erm.. Your mom's calling you." she said awkwardly while rubbing the back of her neck.

Millie looked around and saw her glance at her. "Hi, Im Sadie." she said quietly.

Millie didnt know what to do. She was here to work, not to make friends. "Hi then," her voice was cold and hard. There was no trace of happiness or emotion in her face but just lifeless and stiff.

"Um, I'll go now then.." Sadie mumbled in a shy manner as she walked away.

Millie stared at her as she ran off. She couldnt help but be disgusted at the culture of the people here.

"Hey, Millie!"

It was Clint.

"I'll introduce you now!" he said with a grin. His grin was washed away after seeing her appearance. "Im not much of an appearance guy, but hey, what's with the mud and torn shorts?" he asked.

"Excuse me?" she retorted. "I tried to take a shower but because of your unreliable resources for it, this happened. Don't you have sinks and faucets?"

Clint turned bright red. He has never been spoken to that way ever since. Children and youth here were kind hearted and diligent. They honored the authorities and made sure they made a big help to the town.

Before he could open his mouth, Millie had sashayed away.

Everyone, including Finn and Sadie, watched dumbstruck as this girl had outspoken an old man.

;

She lay on her thin mattress, staring at the ceiling of her nipa hut.

She had decided to go fishing because she liked the sea and heard that only a few people would be there. She didnt want much exposure outside after the incident, because everytime she passed by, people would part like the Red Sea and start hushing together.

Millie didnt want to go to the center of the town for lunch even if her stomach was rumbling inside. She got one of her granola bars that she packed in her backpack and stuffed in her mouth.

The view of her nipa hut was the fields, where animals were being taken care of. Different pens were there; for pigs, chickens, cows and more. She looked with disgust at the people there taking care of them.

She suddenly got sight of a flaming red swish of hair. She spotted Sadie, her hair in a pony tail and milking a cow. Her eyes were bright and she was smiling, and it looked like she was humming a song.

Millie felt a sense of guilt. She had humiliated her Uncle Clint, she had sass mouthed Sadie and just glared at everyone.

But then again, she was Millie, and Millie doesn't say sorry, nor attach herself to anyone.

She changed into one of her joggers and a striped shirt. She wore her sneakers and her Sunnys on. Millie grabbed a can of Coke she packed in her backpack. She decided to check the sea. Screw the backlash of the people there.

Walking out of the nipa hut, she walked to the seaside, where there were six people, fixing their nets.

Millie walked away when she saw the so called "Finn". Discreetly, she went to the other side of the shore and sat on the soft sand. She sipped on her Coke as she watched the waves pull back and forth on the sand.

Similarly, she felt as if emotions are like the waves. They pull you, drag you into a perspective where everything is okay and perfect, but then they leave you to be absorbed in other people's thoughts about you and left to rot.

Behind her Sunnys was misty eyes. Remembering her vow, she prevented them from falling.

She hugged her knees to her chest, and continued to stare at the sea.

The wind was whipping her hair, and it was visible to the group of people on the opposite side. Finn raised his eyebrows.

Being the kind person he was, he dropped his net. "I'll just approach that person there, Caleb." he whispered to his friend beside him.

He walked slowly to Millie.

"Hey."

Startled, Millie stood up and her eyes widened. It was a good thing she had her sunglasses on.

"Wait, are you that Millie who --"

Millie threw her shades off to the sand and irritably rolled her eyes. "Yes its me."

haii guys hahaha !! so pls erm my way of naming the chapters are getting numbers and making sure they're featured in the chapterx whether it may be in a shallow way or in a deep manner. 😂 oks so.please please go read the first epistolary novel that claire and i wrote!! haha go check it out! thanks for the support, votes and everything. really appreciate it. mwah 💕 *delia