powers

*Damon POV*

I would say I dreamt the whole of yesterday, but by the fact that Rosa is lying next to me hugging me for dear life, with her head on my chest and a smile on her face, I am going to say... Rosangela Rossi is finally mine.

“stop it” Rosa muttered burying her face into my chest so all I could see is her hair.

“I have no idea what you are talking about” I chuckled and pulled her properly on top of me.

“and I am not a hybrid” she mumbled then kissed my nose.

“what’s on your mind” I asked as she moved onto my neck. I could see in her eyes there was something.

“we need to talk” she rolled off me and sat up.

“what are we doing if... never mind” I stopped half way through as she glared at me. I get the feeling she needs me to be serious for a few minutes, something that scares me to death since Rosa and I are never serious.

“this is how I think things should go. We are like we were before, except no sleeping with other people” she instructed.

“so like exclusive best friends with benefits” I clarified.

“yep, I don’t want us to go all mushy and romantic like Stelena” she told me and I nodded.

“me neither” I agreed and she jumped out of bed.

“but at the same time even look at another girl as anything but dinner and I will kill the both of you in a heartbeat” she warned and I felt a shiver go down my spine at the jealous look in her eyes. This was a side to Rosa I had never seen, but I guess she has never been in love with anyone before me so she wouldn’t care if they cheated on her.

“the same goes for you... only I won’t kill you I will just leave and you will never see me again” I stared deep into her eyes and I saw her shiver slightly. I knew exactly what that would do to her, since it would do the same to me. Knowing that she was alive somewhere in the world and I was never able to see her again would kill me. At least if she was dead I would know she wasn’t happy with another man, I would try and learn to cope without her.

After a couple of minutes of intense, deep staring she got off the bed, something I was not expecting. I was expecting her to say something back, like agreeing to what I said. Hell if she wasn’t going to say something back I was at least expecting a long heated makeout session since our emotions were pretty intense right now.

Oh shit... what if she doesn’t feel as strongly about me as I do about her. What if one day there will be someone that she falls in love with and I’m just a faze. One day she’ll leave me for another guy and I will never see her again since she will have this dude to be her best friend and lover. I couldn’t even kill him to try and take his place since it would hurt her too much. Then again as long as she is happy, be it with me or another guy, then somewhere inside I would be happy too. But it would suck to see her happy with another guy.

“What you doing” I frowned.

“shower, want to join me” she smirked and walked into the bathroom. Just forget all this love crap Damon, take it slower. Just make sure every moment with her is special, and pretend like it could be your last. Act your normal self and everything will be ok. Act too romantic and she will freak, she’s already said so. Just listen to what she says and follow, that’s the only way this will last.

“I don’t know, this bed is pretty comfortable, I might go back to sleep” I muttered and closed my eyes. That was normal for me, for us. Rosa and I are the typical players that everybody loves to hate... nothing else would be normal for us, even when we were human.