Favor

Temari's POV
It was the dead of the night when I finally reached village gates. I ran inside straight to the tallest building which I assumed was the Hokage Building. I knocked hoping someone would still be there.

"Come in...?" Female? I opened the door slowly. And stepped inside. "May I ask who you are and what your doing in my Village"

"I am Temari" I can't tell her I'm a Shinobi, can I? What if they come here? He comes here. "I'm here to ask a favor"

"What might that favor be?" The Lady asked, first I need to know name and this villages

"I am here to ask if you will allow me to become a Shinobi and Citizen of the..."
Think think, I'm in the fire country right? Leaf? Yeah it's worth a shot.  "Leaf"  The Hokage stares at me for a long time then looks at a lady with a pig. She whispers something the lady nods and leaves. 15 mins later she's returned with a guy.

"You called Lady Tsunade" the guy spoke. His voice bored, eyes tired, body slouched with his hands in his pockets. Is he a Shinobi? How dare he address his Hokage with such a manner. 

"Shikamaru sorry for waking you up at such a hour but I have to ask a favor of you" he just stares blankly at her waiting. "Will you please allow Temari to stay with you while she's here until we get everything sorted out and make sure everything checks out" Wait, WHAT?  The guy, Shikamaru, blinks then turns to look at me.

"How troublesome. Yes Lady Tsunada, I have enough room in my apartment for her. How long?" He asks turning back to his Hokage. 

"Thank you Shikamaru, I do not know how long. Let's say 5 months for now."

"Yes my Lady, if it's alright with you I think I will be heading home now. A nasty storm is brewing. I'd like to be home before it hits. I suggest you get home too and take your work. No one should leave their homes for at least the next 3 days. Good night."

"Okay Shikamaru, thank you, good night to you both. 

We walked in silence to his home. We arrived 10 mins after we left. By the time we stepped inside I was freezing and welcomed the warmth. His apartment was quite large. The living room walls were dark gray with maroon furniture, a large bookshelf filled with books. A shogi board in the corner. And papers scattered on the table by the arm chair. The kitchen was a kitchen looked like he didn't cook much. We walked down a hallway to the right were two doors, one closed the other open only reveling a room with dark green walls and a bed. To the left was the bathroom and another closed door. He opened the door and finally spoke.

"This will be your room" he said stepping in. "The bathroom is right there" pointing to what I already figured out was the bathroom. "My bedroom is just down the hall if you need anything" he turned and left. The room, my room, was much smaller then what I was use too, the walls were painted a dark blue, the bed sheets were black with stars. What odd sheets. There was a dresser, a desk, and a small bookshelf. To my right there was a window showing the forest. I set my bag down and put everything in it's proper place then gathered my stuff to take a shower. After my shower I walked off to the kitchen realizing that I was starving. After eating I went back to my room and went to bed.

----------------------------------
Shikamaru's POV

After showing Temari her room I laid down to go back to sleep. I awoke only 2 hours later to the sound of thunder. I was about to role over and go back to sleep when I heard a faint sound of crying. I got up and walked to Temari's room. The door was open and she was in a tight ball under the covers, shaking. When the thunder cracked again she flinched and whimpered. What the? Has she never heard a storm?  I walked over and pulled the covers lightly.
"Temari?" She turned to me like a little girl who couldn't find her mother. Frightened and confused "Are you okay?" What a stupid question of course she's not.
She went to nod when lightning flashed and she flinched when the thunder crashed slightly shaking the house she jumped up and grabbed onto my arm pulling me down.

"Please stay" she whispered hugging my arm. I nodded my head and she relaxed just barely. I removed my arm from her grasp and put it behind her head. She snuggled into my chest while I wrapped my other arm around her waist. This feels weird, sorta right. wait no it must be my lack of sleep, and companionship,no stop thinking like that. I subconsciously tightened my grip around her and she relaxed instantly. When the thunder cracked a few mins later she didn't flinch or whine. Just snuggled deeper. She finally feel asleep. And we stayed like that for the rest if the night. What a interesting night. She has to be from Suna never experiencing a storm like this. I'll talk to Tsunada in the morning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

DONE WITH FIRST CHAPTER! 

Thanks for reading, Hope you enjoy 

REVIEW!!!!