Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Sydney's POV

"Sydney, are you sure you don't remember anything else from the crash?" Chief Swan asked and I looked up at him angrily. This was the fifth time he asked.

"No, I don't!" I yelled standing up, "I was asleep in the backseat! If I had any information, I would have told the police when it first happened! Why are you making me go through this again?"

"I'm sorry." Charlie said.

"I'm done talking about this." I say, my face wet with tears. I stand up and start walking toward the entrance. I bump into someone accidentally on the way out. I looked up to see Leah. Great, just great. More things to make my day turn to shit. I quickly left the station, waking down the street.

"Wait, Sydney!" I heard her yell. My soul screamed in happiness. She said my name. Though part of me was happy, the other part wasn't. I don't need her rejecting anymore that she already has. I have enough in my plate. I try to ignore her but she caught up to me.

"What?" I asked, harsher than I meant to.

"Are you okay?" She asked. I scoffed. Yeah, right. Like she actually cares.

"Do I look alright to you?" I asked her darkly. She sighed and sat on a nearby bench. She patted the spot next to her, willing me to sit down.

"Talk to me." She stated as just stared at her. Making no movements to sit.

"Why do you even care?" I asked, and she sighed.

"Look, you are the only female in a huge pack of werewolves. I know what it's like to need someone to talk to. Plus, I do care about you, contrary to what you believe." She stated and I sighed. I sat down next to her.

"My life is complete and utter shit right now." I said.

"Why?" She asked softly.

"Sam is being a dick. Overworking me to the extreme, for one." I said and have a humorless laugh.

"Wait, why?" She asked confused.

"He found about my imprint." I responded softly. She sighed and ran her hands through her lovely short hair. I could tell she felt some guilt. I could see it in her face. It's not her fault that my Alpha is a asshole that is taking his power way too far.

"I'm so sorry." She said, playing with her hands.

"It's not your fault. You can't control what Sam does." I respond, touching her hands. I pull away quickly realizing what I did. I started to get up to walk away, but she stopped me.

"What else is wrong?" She asked. I felt my throat close up.

"They, um, reopened the case on my parents death." I said, trying to not cry again.

"Your parents are dead? I'm sorry, I didn't know." Leah said, I looked in her eyes to see sympathy.

"Yeah, car crash. There's a lot of things you don't know about me." I responded. "The only thing that is off is that we were hit by something. There were no other cars or animals around at the time. I'm told it's a human like dent. The only thing I know that car do that and not be just as wounded would be-"

"A vampire." Leah finished for me. I nodded in confirmation of what I was thinking.

"I just don't get it. We didn't know about the supernatural and we weren't fed off of. So why would a vampire try to kill us?" I asked, mostly to myself.

"It's gonna be alright." Leah said and put a comforting hand on my shoulder. For the first time since I woke up in the hospital, I actually believed that.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, short chapter. What ya think?

649 Words

Remember, COMMENT, VOTE, LIKE, SHARE, FAN, CHECK OUT OTHER STORIES, ETC.

You are beautiful and deserve the world!