Chapter 1

A/N
Behold! The first chapter of the sequel I promised. It's about damn time am I right? Hahaha.. why do I do this to myself – I need to stop making stories I really do-
Oh well.. as long as the fans are happy
~Ringleader_Robin
(Kit)
-----
Wally hated the fact they had given up. That after only three years, the search was called off. Did they not learn their lesson from last time? Dick was still out there, he had to be. Desperation could do many things to a person--hell Wally would not deny the fact that at some points he one-upped Joker on the insanity scale. Moreover, some began to believe that he went off the deep end the second the explosion engulfed that apartment building in flames. Wally mad at himself more than anything... He should have known that Luthor had one final trick up his sleeve--and even more angry that he let his morals step in and saved Luthor while Dick Ran off. Dick was not dead..There is no way he could be; Wally was not losing his friend for a second time.--There was a soft knock on his door; Wally did not even flinch let alone move to open it.

"Bud, I know you're there.." A voice called softly. "Please..let me in."

Wally rolled his eyes, looking at a map of Gotham as well as a map of it's sister city: Bludhaven. "I'm busy." He trailed his finger around Jay's place and the crime in the area.

"Wally I'm worried... I know that you and D--"

Wally slammed his hand on the table. "Don't you dare say his name. You lost that right the second you gave up looking for him!" He snapped.

The air between went dead silent.

Barry slowly opened the door with a plate of food, slowly setting it down on his nephew's desk. "I hear you've been missing school.."

Wally scoffed slightly. "It does not matter, I thought I told you that I am busy." The redhead stared at the food, his insides churning, gurgling in protest. When was the last time he had eaten?

"At least take a break to eat... You have not eaten since breakfast and even then it was just one plate of food." Barry insisted, pushing the plate a little closer. "I know he was your friend.."

"Best friend." Wally corrected, giving his uncle a slight glare. "I will eat, but leave me alone. Unlike you, I plan on finishing this to the end." Wally returned his attention to the map, his eyes going to a a spot a recent murder in Gotham happened. Better place to start as any. Wally grabbed the food, hasitalily eating before getting up and heading for the door. " I am heading out, be back later." He passed his uncle and went downstairs soon after heading out the front door.

Wally walked the streets of gotham, the sunlight now tracing a golden outline of the skyline as it set. As a common rule, one never should roam Gotham at night; but recently Wally had went looking for trouble. As the other said, he lost his sanity quite some time ago. He would do whatever it takes to find his best friend.

"What are you doing here." A new voice hissed out, causing Wally to break from his train of thought.

Wally looked up with a grunt. "I could say the same thing to you Jason."

Jason's eyes averted, scratching his cheek absently with his finger. "I found a lead nearby..."

Wally smiled slightly. Jason was one of the few who were still looking, never in his life as he met someone as stubborn as the retired robin in front of him. "Well it is looking like a good lead if both of us came to the same conclusion."

Jason frowned a bit. "Well I do not feel like..even in the state he was in... Dick would kill some random rich guy..does not sound like him."

Wally nodded. "And if it was Dick..He would not visit the crime scene for a second time..he is too smart for that."

Jason gave out a deflated sigh, running his hands through his hair. "It is not looking good anymore, is it? Fucking Luthor, if he ever come into my city I swear--"

"Jason, it's not the time." Wally sighed a bit. " Witnesses said the man before was rambling something about Talons.. Jason do you know anything.. You've lived in gotham for awhile.. Did the bat say anything about it?"

"Talons...Talons..."Jason repeated the word trying to figure out where he heard it from before. Jason's face turned grim when it finally came to him. "Yeah...well sort of, it is sort of a legend here in gotham. But it is just that..a legend." Jason crossed his arms. "No one here has ever ran in with the Court of Owls...though they were known to kill.." his voice trailed off for a second "It was some fucking cult or something like that."

"Court of Owls?" Wally questioned, looking confused.

"Like a said, some weird assassin cult. How did that rhyme go again..Bruce Told it to me once while I was still a robin..." Jason scratched at his chin for a moment trying to remember the nursery rhyme. " 'Beware the Court of Owls, that watches all the time,

Ruling Gotham from a shadowed perch, behind granite and lime.

They watch you at your hearth, they watch you in your bed.

Speak not a whispered word about them, or they'll send the Talon for your head.' that's the one... Bruce really should not tell that rhyme to kids..It gave me these weird ass nightmares for three days."

"Maybe it was just delusions of a mad man then...maybe..." Wally muttered, but when Jason said the nursery rhyme, the hairs on his back stood on end. Who were the court of Owls..and what relation did it have with with Dick's dissapearence? The name that was spoken three years ago rang in the back of his head, the eerie feeling increasing. William Cobb.