Chapter Twelve 'New Romances'

Abby's POV
Storming through my apartment I flung my heels onto the ground letting out a scream. This was supposed to be time for Ember and I to catch up but instead all we've done is get dragged into dangerous situations and spent our time crying.
'Ember' I thought sadly. Worry ran through me like a train and knowing The Joker had her didn't make me feel better. Sure he was a much better option then the guy who drugged her. Oh thinking of that man made me shake with furry I could kill him. If i hadn't of seen him Ember might have been gone forever. Picturing her little lifeless face in a dark ditch somewhere made the tears run down my cheeks and looking into the mirror across from me I saw how much of a mess I was. My hair was wild and frizzy, the make up I'd spent so long doing had been washed away in bold streaks from my tears leaving lines of mascara , foundation , bronzer and blush all mixed in one.

Signing to myself I made my way towards my bathroom to shower and get out of my dirty clothes.

Sitting in the shower the water rinsing down my body clean I broke down pulling my knees to my chest

Sitting in the shower the water rinsing down my body clean I broke down pulling my knees to my chest. Why was this happening ? I just wanted things to go back to normal , the day when Ember first arrived. Knowing what I know now I would never of taken her to that club.
After staring into space for a while I finally stopped crying and got out the shower , getting ready for bed.

Walking into my bedroom I sat cross legged on the end of my bed. I knew sleep wasn't going to be possible with my mind being in over drive worrying about Ember.

 I knew sleep wasn't going to be possible with my mind being in over drive worrying about Ember

For a few minutes I sat in complete darkness deathly silent until the door bell rang. Jumping in fright I slowly stood up and made my way to the door. Peering out I saw Jonny Frost with something in his hands.
'Hey barbie the boss sent me....erm I got you some Chinese food' he said holding the bag out in what appeared to be a peace offering.
'Oh yeah he said he would erm come in' I whispered holding the door wide open.
'Where do you want me to put the food?'
'Could you put it in the fridge please ,I'm not really hungry. I'll eat it tomorrow'
'That's gross barbie' he frowned walking into the kitchen.
I decided to go sit on the couch and wait for him to come out. A few seconds later he sat next to me his body turned towards mine.
'How's Ember?' I asked peering up at him.
'She's fine don't worry the boss will take care of her'. Nodding my head I pretended to agree with him. There's no way I would ever trust The Joker with Ember.
'How are you holding up barbie?' He questioned.
'I'm fine' I whispered looking down.
'You sure about that' I could feel the frown forming on his face as he stared intently at my bent form.
'Yeah. I'm...im....im'  Everything I felt came pouring out of me as I began sobbing uncontrollably into my hands.
Suddenly I felt his strong arms wrap around me as he pulled me into his chest.
'Ssshhh barbie it's ok come on now calm down' he began stroking my hair with one of his hands soothing me.
After a few minutes I began to calm and down but now I was starting to flush noticing the position we were in. If anybody happened to walk in they'd think I was riding him. Pulling away I found myself staring into his eyes. The whole world had ceased to exist as we sat there in silence.
'Thank you' I whispered breaking the quietness.
'No problem barbie' his husky voice whispered back to me.
Barbie that name normally made me so angry but hearing it spill from his lips , I felt my heart race and joy spread through me.

The next minute it was like I was possessed, no longer in control of my body. Bringing my face down I pressed my lips to his. It felt like a bomb had exploded inside me which was replaced by disappointment as I realised he wasn't kissing back. Pulling back I abruptly stood up stuttering out apologies.
'I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me..maybe you should go. I'm so sorry again'
Turning away in embarrassment I went to make a run for the bedroom to lock myself away forever. Suddenly I felt his hand pull me back and I landed in his lap our lips mashing together in a furry of passion. My body felt like it was on fire , my lips tingling against his. He had one hand wrapped in my hair the other tightly around my waist as I grinded my hips into his. In this moment all the troubles from the past week were gone from my mind, replaced by Frost.
It's Funny how things can turn out isn't it?

A/ n
Hey guys I wanted to use this chapter to catch up on Abby. Don't worry the next chapter will have a load of Joker and Ember. I just had the idea of having a Jonny Frost Romance because the guy deserves some love and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity. 😋❤️