Chapter Eight

Authors note: Hi guys!!! I love to see that you are all enjoying this story so far. I know I'm slow at getting these up, I'm sorry I'm busy with school but holiday break is coming up and I'll be pumping out a lot of this story then. Thanks for your patience! Y'all are the best! Okay here we go with chapter eight :)

***
Flowers. Flowers everywhere! It's been a week and a half since Hermione left her husband and every day there was a gift waiting at Ginny's door for her. Whether it was chocolates, flowers, jewelry, books; it was always something. Draco was consistent.

Hermione washed her hands and walks out of the bathroom after emptying her stomach for the third time today. Hermione had heard morning sickness was a pain in the arse but she didn't think it would be this bad.

The daily gifts from Draco began to pile up and Hermione was running out of room and vases for her flowers. They were always the same. Red calla lilies. Hermione's favorite and hard to find.  Red is the color of intensity. It symbolizes admiration, beauty, courage and heat. Red callas are the essence of desire, strength and passionate love. Draco would always say that Hermione gave him the strength to love again. Hence her love for the meaning behind the beautiful flowers.

Crawling into her bed, Hermione curls into the heated blanket, a gift from Draco she couldn't deny, and laid her hand on her belly. "How am I suppose to feed you if I can't keep anything down?" Hermione jokes softly to her growing baby. Even the mere thought of food made her stomach churn. Lifting her head, she looks over at her window hearing the now familiar tapping.

Draco didn't come by anymore. He was giving her the space she asked for. But that didn't stop the gifts. Or the love note dragons that landed on her window perch. They blew fire on the glass to melt the frost and wait to be let in, blowing smoke hearts. Damn that Draco. He knew just what Hermione loved. He knew those little dragons warmed her heart. Not able to resist she waves her wand letting in the newest member of the fire breathing clan that inhabited her desk.

Flying to her home on the bed, the paper dragon made a loop around her head before bumping its nose with hers and settling on the blanket. It blew one last smoke heart before unfolding into a paper.

'Hermione, love, please give me another chance. Im so sorry. I don't deserve your forgiveness but I will do anything to earn it back. Come back to me. I love you and our baby. ~ Draco'

The notes always followed the same points. Hermione knew he was sorry but sorry wasn't enough anymore. She had this baby to think about and what was best for him or her. They deserved someone who would put them before anything. With a sigh, Hermione brushed away another note and drifted off in another nap. That's all she seems to be doing these days. Sleeping, crying and vomiting.

***
" I hope you never forgive Draco. These chocolates are like heaven." Ginny said stuffing her face with one of Draco's more recent chocolate gifts. The bluntness of the statement made Hermione let out a breathy laugh.

"Well there she is. I was worried she was gone." Ginny gives her best friends hand a squeeze. They were on the couch sitting in front of the fire sipping tea. Today Hermione morning sickness hadn't been too bad and she was able to hold down food for more than and hour. Thanks to Ginny, Hermione managed to have a real meal and she was finally starting to feel like better.

"Thanks for everything Ginny. I really do appreciate you helping me while I try to figure out this situation with Draco." Hermione sips her tea as she rubs her belly over the heated blanket. She couldn't deny how much she loved the gift. Hermione had always complained her feet were cold at home.

Ginny's eyes softened. "You're welcome to stay any time. Do you think he's finally given up with the gifts? It's been two weeks." 

Hermione shakes her head. Every day there was a new box wrapped in red paper with a perfectly tied white bow waiting for Hermione when she got back from work or woke up.  They always came with a note containing an apology and begging for her return or just a chance to talk together.

In all honesty, Hermione missed Draco. Each gift showed her what she had been missing out when Draco had been busy with work. But it also showed her how it had been before. And Hermione missed it. She missed coming home to Draco after a long day.

But could she go back? Could she deal with herself and child being second or even possible third in Draco's life? No, she couldn't.

The front door opened letting in a gust of chilly air as Harry walked in from work. "Hello darling." He pressed a kiss to his wife's cheek and gives Hermione's shoulder a squeeze. "How are you doing Mione?"

Giving Harry her best smile, Hermione assured him that she was getting there.

"Well looks like he stopped by today." Harry said and set down the box in her lap. It was larger than normal but still in the usual dressing. Attached to the bow was a note.

'My love,
         I'm missing you so much you're all I think about. I wonder each day how you are doing or feeling. I wonder about our baby growing inside you. But I don't worry. Because I know you will be a wonderful mother. Incase yours or the baby's feet get cold. I love you with all my heart. ~ Draco'

Setting the note aside, Hermione pulled the ribbon apart and lifted the top off the box. Instantly, her eyes filled with tears. Resting against the tissue paper was red knit socks for Hermione and mini knit booties for the baby. They were perfect. Hermione lifted them to her chest and held them close against her heart. There was a note at the bottom of the box.

'Give us another chance?'