Chapter 13

SERINA'S POV

I walked to Andi cautiously. I knew she was angry at Travis, even though it wasn't his fault. If she knew who I was, she'd be just as mad at me as at him.

Andi was sitting against a tree, her eyes shut.

I walked over cautiously. "Andi?"

She opened her eyes. "Yeah?" Her voice was calm and soft, but her eyes gave her away. What she was feeling inside. Her pain, anger, sadness...

I sat down next to her. "Look... Vylad and I might have come here to keep you in check, but to be honest, I was really curious about you." I started, glancing over at her.

She stayed still and silent.

"So... do you mind me asking you a few questions?"

She stayed still, still not speaking.

I took it as a 'yes'. "What happened in the Nether?"

She looked down at her hands in her lap. "We went there to save Vylad." She started quietly. "Garroth's brother. Garroth is my sister's husband."

I nodded. "(Y/n) and Garroth. I know."

She nodded. "Anyway... we went to the Nether to rescue Vylad. We got there, and everything was fine... and then..." She trailed off.

"And then...?" I pushed.

"Two Shadow-Knights appeared out of nowhere. We watched them. I was foolish and said we should take them on. From where we were, they looked like children. But as soon as I turned around to look back at them, they were right in front of me."

I waited, letting her continue.

"They were powerful. So powerful they almost killed us." She whispered. "Almost killed me."

I bit my bottom lip silently. "Is that why you keep touching your side?"

Andi looked at me. "I what?"

"Your side, you keep touching it whenever you're running or something."

Andi looked down. "Oh. Yeah. Melody hit me with an arrow." She said softly. "Aaron got hit in the arm by the death sword. The cut was really deep and I didn't know how to get the poison out. Aphmau tried to save him but even her power wasn't working on him..."

I nodded softly. "Ah."

"We got back and, everything blacked out. I woke up pretty quickly but the other's were still out."

I listened, careful not to say anything wrong. "Oh." I said softly. "I know the rest already... you don't have to tell me."

She nodded softly. "I knew it was going to be dangerous. Aaron's always been good with a sword, but Aphmau panics in battle. I should have been helping him, not Aph. Aphmau- she..." She trailed off.

I nodded softly. "Alright. Let's go back in and help Travis with anything we can. He's working on a cure right now and he should be able to finish it in time."

She gave a weak smile. "Alright... Let's go."