Halloween Town

5 Days till Halloween

It all started one night when I went out to get some ice cream. It was about midnight and the hankering wouldn't stop, I needed ice cream and I needed it now. Walking into the store I stared at the over fifty different cartons of creamy frozen goodness. Tapping my chin and shrugging I grabbed four or five then hobbled up to the counter. On the way home I popped open a carton and began scooping out spoonfuls, yes spoonfuls I brought my own spoon.

"Please! Help me!" Came a yell. I knew that voice, it was my friend Kiba. He must have been out walking his dog and it got away from him. "Naruto! Thank god, help me." He came walking up clutching his stomach. "Heh pal. Waf up?" I asked with a mouth full of ice cream. "It's....I....." He fell to his knees. Red, red everywhere. Dropping my ice cream and watching in horror my friend was bleeding. "Their coming...." He gasped, sure enough from around the corner two cloaked figures appeared. "Run. Get help...." Kiba said which it was already to late. I screamed in a very manly manner and took off back the way I came looking for someone, anyone to help me.

My mind was blank, fear took over. That's when I bumped into someone causing me to fall backwards onto the sidewalk. "Watch where your going loser." said the ever stoic Sasuke Uchiha. "Sasuke! You've got to help me, I was getting some ice cream and eating it on the way home...."
"Sounds unhealthy." He muttered. "Ugh. That doesn't matter what matters is that these people in cloaks attacked Kiba. He was bleeding badly. Hurry he needs our help!" I said. He just stared at me then sighed, "And if I choose to believe you?" He asked. Shaking my head I grabbed him by the arm and drug him with me back to where I had left Kiba, only once we reached the spot Kiba and the people in cloaks were gone without a trace.

"Look I know Halloween is coming up and you and Kiba are trying to trick me but I don't believe in the supernatural so tell Kiba to come out." Sasuke said. Looking around I wanted desperately for Kiba to come walking out from behind a tree laughing and tell us both that it was just a holiday prank but he didn't. "Whatever I'm going home, I've wasted enough time out here with you. I'll see both you and Kiba tomorrow at school." With that Sasuke turned and left, I hoped Kiba would be at school tomorrow but deep down I knew he wouldn't be.

*The Next Day*
4 Days till Halloween

I sat in my first class waiting for Kiba to come strolling in saying how last night was funny but once the bell rung his seat remained empty. Looking around the room I saw Sasuke glance over at Kiba's empty desk from the back of the room. "Morning class, first I would like to say that just because Halloween is a few days away doesn't mean you can go crazy. No tricks in school, save those for after school." Raising my hand I waited for Kakashi to notice me. "Yes Naruto?" He asked knowing that every year around this time I'm the biggest prankster in the class. "What about Kiba? He played a trick on me." I asked.
"Let me get this straight, someone played a Halloween trick on you?" Nodding I stood.
"Yeah, Kiba. He sits right over there." I say pointing at the empty desk, "You know always wearing that furry grey hoodie and He sneaks his dog in all the time."
"If this is you trying to pull a joke then please sit down. Its class time not listen to Naruto make up people." Kakashi said.
"But sir he sat right there." I said gesturing to the empty desk.
"Very funny Mr.Uzumaki. That desk had been empty since the school year began. Now sit." I sat and crossed my arms.

"You ok Naruto?" Hinata Hyuga, the girl who sits in front of me asked. "You remember Kiba right? He's your best friend." I asked. Shaking her head she answered, "No one by that name has ever gone to school here."
"Come on not you too Hinata." I groaned. "I'm sorry Naruto but I've never heard of anyone with that name."
"Please pay attention you two." Kakashi said from the front of the class. That's when a paper ball hit me from behind, picking it up I unwrapped it and read the crinkled words. 'I believe you. We'll talk during lunch_Sasuke.' I looked back at the raven haired guy. He nodded and I did to, maybe we can figure this out.

4 Days until Halloween