Hes in My Head

The clock was ticking closer and closer to 2pm. Harley was just sat in her office listening to the pace of her own heart matched with the tick of the clock.

-BUUUUUUUUZ-

"Doctor Quinzel you ready?" One of the guards poked his head around the corner. Deep breath, calm thoughts, STOP FIDGETING.

"Yes, thank you." Despite in her head going 'NO NO NO NO'

She watched as they practically dragged him in. He looked so much different it made Harleen gasp. He was so much thinner and his hair looked greasy and less bright. He also looked so much less...eccentric. The Joker didn't even look up.

As the guards strapped him into the long comfy-typical-in-a-movie-therapist lounge sofa she mouthed to one of the guards "What's wrong?" Silently nodding her head in his direction, the guard simply shrugged but jumped a mile when the whispy croaky voice beside him said

"You know my dear, it is impolite to talk about people whilst they're in the room."

"Shut it clown!" The Guard on the left barked making a move to backhand him. Harley stepped forward and coldly hissed at the guard "Do not shout at my patients, this is a safe place for them. I would much appreciate it if you leave now."

The Guard simply started walking out "Whatever you say Doc."

The other guard stood there meekly and gave Harley a small remote with a red button on it . "Panic button" He explained "Just incase you need us" Harley gave him a small smile "Thank you, this will be all"

Then they were gone. It was just her and the Joker, like before but this time with less chance of a wacked-out Zsasz paying them a visit.

Then it suddenly slipped out "Thank you" She whispered.

He moved his head slightly, "What for?" "For saving my life, thank you." "Listen sweetheart don't make a thing of it. You were just lucky I was in a good mood"

This would be a very long session.

She quickly checked her emails whilst she sat there, waiting for the awkward silence to be broken.

She had an email from Dr. Leland, explaining the length of the session, rules on what to talk about and limits of sharing information about personal life etc. It also had a small note attached which stated he had a fight with another prisoner (The Riddler) and then fought with another 5 Guards, which explains the injurys, also probably the grim mood, it also asked for her not to talk to him about it. Harley couldn't help but wonder why.

This was a two hour session, extended for introduction and general talk, the email had explained.

It was silent.

Nothing had been said since the Joker told her she was lucky he was simply in a "good mood" when he saved her.

Harley was sat in her chair waiting for him to say something, anything. After another 5 minutes she finally talked "I think we should get to know each other."

"Well toots, you can go first"

Jokers POV

Will she ever shut up? Two hours of that face waffling away...yes she was cute, and yes he wanted to send her wackier than fruit loops but JESUS. She was annoying, yappity, yap, yap, yap. Oooh look at me! He mimicked in his head. OOOH. I went to Gotham University, skilled gymnast and likes jazz. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

"Listen babe, this is all interesting and all but PLEASE, I have a headache" Joker would have pinched the bridge of his nose if he wasn't restrained.

Harley's mouth formed a small 'o' "I apologise. I didn't realise but please don't use those inappropriate words in the future, I am your doctor."

Inappropriate words? Oh he was gonna tease her. "Oh sorry babey. What naughty words?" He's eyebrow lifted in the look of earnest curiosity. Harley's cheeks flushed crimson like he hoped

"Those words Joker. Babey and Toots, they're not appropriate"

"Awww why angel? I like them, it shows a positive attitude, to you and the situation. I'm comfortable talking to ya, ain't that what you want from a patient like me?"

Oh wow, this was so funny.

He smiled inside like a naughty child as her face twisted into one of confusion. "Yes, I mean No. I mean-"

Joker smirked, a giant, mocking grin "You're a real treat you are, hahaha! I'm only kidding doc." and with that gave her a wink.

Harley's POV

God sake. He was charming, she felt a knot form in her stomach, but he was still slightly irritating. "Okay Joker you had your laugh now lets start our session" She said with a little more aggression than meant. His grin turned into grimace "Ugh *sigh* fine. I guess lets continue our so called 'therapy'."

Harley gave him a fake happy smile, deliberately. "So joker... why do you do the things that you do?"

Joker looked up at this "Why do you think I do it?"

Harley thought this over, she decided the only way to get anywhere with the Joker was to just be honest with him "Fame, notoriety, a desire to stand out from the crowd? A wicked sense of humor."

The Joker smiled "You're good! How did you figure me out, Doc? I've had doctors poking around in here for years and no one was as astute, and if you don't mind my saying, beautiful as you." then flashed her another cheesy grin.

Harley smiled, she felt a tingle in her stomach "Really? Oh, you're just playing with me."

The Joker winked again fully aware she might turn sour but alas, like he knew it would, his charm payed off. Harley smiled warmly.

-BEEEEEEP-

Harley jumped back to reality, wait. Was she flirting with the Joker?

"Oh end of the session eh' doc?" Joker looked bored now "Yes Joker. I will see you next week."

As the Guards came in and roughly untied him, the Joker took his last chance to mess with her head "I enjoyed today, let's do this again sometime!" and with that he left laughing