Ibrahim's point of view

Ibrahim sat on the sofa, in his newly built house, wondering why she didn’t choose him, he had done everything right from the very beginning, how easily she could change her mind baffled him, he had known her for just 10days but somehow he still felt betrayed by both her and his elder brother.
       “Ibrahim” he heard his brother call out to him, “I knew you would be here” Ahmad said sitting close to Ibrahim who just looked away, “I am sorry brother” Ahmad first said, with Ibrahim still ignoring him, “I really didn’t plan for this to happen, Immediately I realized she was the same person, I decided to let go, I didn’t know how anyone got to know, I guess it was destiny!!” Ahmad said, wondering what to say to convince his brother.
     “do you love her” Ahmad asked not knowing what else to tell Ibrahim who was still ignoring him.
   ‘do I??’ Ibrahim asked himself, he didn’t, he liked the idea of her, she was beautiful, funny, religious, an absolute wife material, but he wasn’t in love with her yet, he was going to eventually, 10days was too short to fall in love after all, and his heart had always been with another, he was looking forward to someone who would make him move on from his first love.
   “No!!” Ibrahim said suddenly feeling selfish for being upset in the first place, he knew this was someone his brother had been in love with for months, searching for, and yet his brother was ready to forget everything for his happiness, why couldn’t he do the same.
   “I don’t love her, I still love farida actually” he said to his elder brother who somehow looked relieved
   “I am sorry, I was being selfish, may Allah bless you marriage” he said with a smile

“Ya ibrahim” Ibrahim heard, a too familiar voice call, turning almost instantly, “may I sit??” fareedah asked with her usual bright smile “please do” he said smiling at her too, “yaya!! I thought today was your wedding day” she said looking confused about the whole thing, he shook his head almost instantly “no!! Ahmad’s comes first!!” he said to her as she nodded, “then your’s soon right” she asked, with her cute little smile, he was 6years older than her but she always managed to make him feel too old to tell her how he felt about her, until it was now already too late, “you are the one who is engaged right?”, “so I guess yours’ before mine” he said trying to force out a smile….
   He watched as she suddenly became silent, her usual warm smile fading away, as she whispered “not so sure!!.
     fareedah felt her heart skip a beat as the topic of her engagement came up, she didn’t want to hear it anymore, even her fiancés’ name gave her a heavy heart, “what happened?” Ibrahim asked, as she contemplated if to tell him or not, she trusted Ibrahim so much but what had happened was too shameful to say not even to her best friend.

Author’s note:
Well people asked to know ibrahim’s point of view, how he felt about the whole thing….well here you go, Ibrahim and fareedah’s life is going to be another story, want it to be seen from farida’s point of view but then again your opinion matters,  (say if u want it from fareeda’s point of view or a second person narrative as seen above, thanks for reading love in 10days, May Allah bless you all”