Breaking The Curse

It's been a month since I lifted the curse from the first ever moon princess and feel quite proud of myself for saving an entire valley after only just arriving at Moonacre. I was just day dreaming about my sacrifice to save everybody but was soon knocked out of my thoughts with a knock on my bedroom door.

"Maria are you awake child" called my uncle from the other side of the door.

"Yes uncle,I shall be down in a few minutes" I called back, I heard him sigh and walk down the spiral staircase.

I got out of my bed and walked over to the golden chair next to the fireplace where Loveday rested my dress. It was dark pink with a red sash attached to the sleeves and hem of the dress, I brushed my golden hair and tied it in a loose plait.
I quickly nibbled on a cookie and sipped the milk Marmaduke made specially for me. I made my bed and walked out of the wooden door, then closing it behind me before walking down the staircase.

I saw my uncle sat by the fireplace with Wrolf sat by his feet, I greeted him before walking into the kitchen. Ms Heliotrope was already tucking into her breakfast with Digweed watching her with fascination, I giggled at the thought of Ms Heliotrope and Digweed actually being together.

"Good morning, Maria my dear" my nanny greeted me with a huge grin

"Good morning Ms Heliotrope, good morning Digweed" I said to them both, Digweed came over with: eggs, bacon, beans and toast on a plate. He laid the breakfast down on the mat in front of me.

"That'll be your breakfast then miss Maria" he said politely.

I dug in and told my uncle and Ms Heliotrope my plans for the day. I mentioned going out into the forest for the day to finally explore without the De Noirs out to get me.

"Okay well please be careful my dear one" Ms Heliotrope spoke.

"I will" I assured her before leaving my seat and heading for the the patio doors through the piano room.

I walked out and into the forest with Wrolf walking bedside me, ever since I saved the valley Wrolf has been my guide and protector, just like a true nobel companion of a moon princess.