c h a p t e r }} two

I see you the next day with the brightest smile on your face, you were talking to your friends. I admired you from afar, trying not to intrude into the conversation that you were already clearly having. So I just walked past, and minded my own business, slightly smiling from your presence as a made my way down the hall, hitting the volume button on my phone to further blast the music that was flowing through my headphones and into my ears.

As I was walking to my class, I heard a faint argument in the distance, which is completely normal because this is high school, so I didn't dare to turn around and endorse myself within the drama, but then suddenly I hear the patter of footsteps coming from behind me. It was you. As soon as you saw me, you gave me the cutest smile, then you walked besides me and held my hand as we walked to my class, simultaneously letting go on my hand during the walk there. It was always that the most random times. But, I didn't bother to ask. You kissed me before you gave me my stuff back, then I walked into class. This routine repeated for a few weeks until it all stopped.

The day it stopped, I was fine. I made excuses for you. Maybe, he's busy. Maybe he's catching up on some work. Until it happened the next day and the day after and so on. Next, everything from that point on just went downfall.