New Baby

You felt your eyes flutter open at the sound of crying and slowly made your way out of bed to tend to the two week old baby. Another night of no sleep but you wouldn't trade it for the world, your new daughter was everything you could ever want.

"Go back to sleep babe I'll take this one." You heard your wife's husky voice as she rose from her position on the bed to take Amelia from your arms.

"No baby I'll take her it's okay, you need your sleep besides you've got to get up early tomorrow for interviews and meet and greets."
You tried to persuade her as she needs her rest. She's been really tired lately and you felt bad, even though Amelia was her daughter as well she insisted on taking most of the night shifts which left her exhausted the next day.

"Who cares? Our little nugget needs tending too and I'm Saying I'm taking her, you've got bags under your eyes, you're sleeping at every chance you get and you were the one who spent 23 hours in labor. You definitely need the rest so go back to sleep." Her tone was playful yet serious If that was possible. She took Amelia from you and used her free hand to push you towards the bed.

"Nu-uh Lo! Not gonna happen. Tell you what, why don't we both take her? That way we can both stay up and lose more sleep together."
You saw her nod a little and moved to wrap your arms around her waist from behind and lay your head on her shoulder.

A small contented "hmm" left her mouth and you chuckled, then you walked down to the kitchen to make a bottle for your mini Lauren.
She stood rocking from side to side while you prepared the bottle and testing its temperature on your wrist.

You walked back over to her and handed her the bottle and she carefully fed Amelia while you returned to your original position. 15 minutes later she was burping the baby and then moved over to the couch to lay down.

You lay down beside her and Amelia was lying on Lauren's chest.
"Baby can you sing to us?" She asked you in a whisper, and you melted at the request.
Softly starting to sing who are you, you put both your wife and your daughter to sleep.

"God I'm so in love with you Lauren Michelle Jauregui. I got so lucky with you but then I got even more lucky when you gave me the gift of this little nugget. I love you so much too Amelia Jauregui, and I promise I'm going to do everything I can to protect you and Mama. She's been so protective of me and you while I was carrying you so now it's my turn. I won't let either of you down and that's a guarantee." You let a few tears fall at how happy you were and because your hormones still were a little whacky.

"I love you too mi amor, don't you ever forget it." You heard a soft whisper and felt an arms pull you closer to her body. You sighed happily and snuggled into her embrace, she placed a kiss on your head and Amelia's before both of you fell off to sleep. A smile on both of your
faces.
"God I got so lucky" you both thought.

----------------------------------

A/N: a short and probably rubbish chapter but schools been hell today. Enjoy I guess haha!