In Her Eyes

(listen to this while reading)

There was once an old lady who is so fascinated with sunflowers that she had them everywhere.

In her house, varying from different sizes and shades of yellow clashed with orange.

In her living room, to accompany her as she has tea while sitting alone at her utmost favorite chair.

In her bedroom, where a hundredth of them lives.

In her heart, where one lies in.

It was a mystery for me before; when it comes to the reason why she likes sunflowers.

Until she has told it to me.

Do you want to know it?

Don't tell anyone, okay?

Promise?

Let's begin.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's been a while since I've last seen my aunt.

I was still a little girl back then when I first saw her.

With the brightest smile I've ever seen, she hugged me tightly on the first time that I've met her.

I can remember it all vividly...

How her hug felt, how her voice sounds like.

It seems like she was a very sad person when I've last seen her.

I hope that, she isn't sad anymore.

"Jules, are we there yet?" a voice from behind spoke. Apparently, I was too preoccupied with my thoughts while I was staring blankly at the window beside me.

"What station is this Yuan?" I asked.

"We're at the— uhhh," Yuan glances outside and points at the placard that was hanging outside.

"Ah... we're still a few more stations away," I chuckled as I've turned my head back just in time to see Yuan munching some muffins that we've bought from earlier.

"Well then we've got more time to eat then," Yuan laughs while chewing the muffins.

"Ai ya... you pig. Don't talk when your mouth is full!" I scolded as I've playfully hit him on the head with the empty bottle that I've found lying on the table. Yuan burped in an awfully gross manner after he had finished eating the muffins and threw the muffin wrappers away on a trashcan nearby.