Betrayal

Emmaline’s POV

“Harry, can you take me home please? I can’t be out anymore.”

“Yeah sure just let me tell the guys-“

“No, please don’t. Just send Niall a quick text saying I started feeling ill again so you took me home to rest. I need to talk to you alone. I need your help Harry. I’ve screwed up big time.”

“Shit ok lets go”

            I was in my sweats and cat slippers now huddled on Harry’s couch. I didn’t want to go back to my place because Niall or Olivia might come but I didn’t mind if Lou were to come in on our conversation. As long as he kept his mouth shut. Harry was on the other side of the couch staring at me intensely and I was staring at my tea.

            “Zayn and I kissed and I told him I love him.” I blurted out. Shit that could have been better.

            “What the hell Emmaline!” He said standing up and pacing the room.

            “I didn’t mean for it to happen! Zayn asked me to walk with him when Niall was getting food and then he told me all of these things about how ‘in love’ with me he is and he backed me against a tree and kissed me and I kissed him back! But then I pushed him away and told him I loved him but that he could never kiss me again. I’m so screwed Harry! I don’t know what to do.”

            “Do you love him?” Not that question again.

            “Yes. I don’t just go around saying I love you to any guy. I’m not an ‘I love you’ whore. Fuck Harry! Me and Niall haven’t even said I love you yet!”

            “You have to tell Niall.” Harry said bluntly. I was confused.

            “That I love him?”

            “No. Well sure if you do. You need to tell him about Zayn.”

            “I know. I just don’t want to hurt him. How long can I wait to tell him?”

            “Not long. He deserves to know.”

 Zayn’s Pov

             I stepped into my flat and took my shirt off heading straight to the shower. Emmaline said she loved me. Sure, she followed it with ‘don’t ever kiss me again’ but she loves me. I let the water trickle down my face and washed the gel out of my hair and stepped out of the shower into a pair of boxers. I couldn’t wait to see Emmaline again.

Emmaline’s POV

            It had been a week since Zayn and I kissed. It was really awkward when we were around each other and today we would be spending the whole day together. We were all hanging out at Niall’s place. Olivia was cuddling with Harry who had been flirting with her nonstop since she got here and noticed he was around my flat a lot more often. The only seat that was left open for Zayn was next to me. When he sat down his shoulder brushed against mine and sent tingles throughout my body. I stood up and sat back down on the floor leaning against Niall’s legs.

Louis gave me a strange look. Shit. “Why’d you do that Em? You have been acting strange around Zayn ever since last week when we went out touring London. What’s wrong?” Great Louis. Great time to actually notice something and be blunt about it. I looked over to Harry and he raised his eyebrows.

“Nothing is wrong Louis the couch was just crowded.”

“Don’t lie Em. It’s not a flattering trait. Anyways there is enough room for an obese person up there.”