Introduction

I don't remember what inspired me to write this fan fiction, though I am glad I did. I loved Pokemon when I was growing up. Even now that I'm in college, I still love Pokemon, and looking back I realized that Pokemon has a lot of potential. The games, anime and even the manga have so much to offer, though it seems that they don't take advantage of everything they can do.

So I am taking various aspects of each, though mostly the manga and the games, and expanding them and taking routes that Pokemon can fully take advantage of. I'm talking about genetically altered Pokemon, Pokemon with weird fears or abilities, and a trainer with a mysterious past and loathes Pokemon despite the fact that he has to partner with them to save those he cares about.

All of this takes place years after Red, Blue, and Green have started their journeys. Old villains will re-appear to either help or hinder the protagonist. Also in the story, key ideas from each generation will be incorporated as well as some newer ones that have been briefly shown in the games, manga and the anime.

You guys, as the story progresses, are in Kaito's shoes as he has to deal with the various aspects of being a Pokemon trainer. Which for most is a cool thing to be for most people, but having been scarred as a child, Kaito has grown to dislike all Pokemon. Having been forced into being a trainer by Green (or to those who are insistant that it's Blue or Gary) during the attack on Pallet Town, Kaito sets out to find each of his friends through out Kanto after getting a message some of them have gone missing.

But Kanto is not what it once was. What had happened in Pallet Town seems to have happened all over the region. Route one had been destoryed and Viridian City was leveled completely and reports that other towns/cities were being attack too by the stange Pokemon.

Forced to travel the region, Kaito will meet with friends and foes alike, and some unexpected legends in the Pokemon world. Will Kaito be able to defeat the mysterious group or will they succed in whatever their plan may be?