Chapter 15

We were only a few miles up the road when Ethan slammed on the brakes narrowly missing a breathless Liam.

He jumped out the car and ran up to him, inspecting the deep scratches on his chest. I climbed into the back of the seat waiting for all hell to break loose. Instead of going in the front Liam dived into the back as Ethan once again stepped down hard on the accelerator. I snatched the torn shirt out of his hands and began wiping away the blood. As for his scratches his wolf would kick in soon and heal them. As for us we were basically screwed. I couldn't even look at him as I was wiping the blood off. I felt guilty for turning him however at the same time I knew it would have saved his life. A bittersweet moment. I collapsed against the seat as Ethan drove his way deeper and deeper into the forest getting further and further away from life.

My eyes widened as we pulled up at a house. The same house I was kept in for a year. I turned to Liam confused.

"A house left to me" was all he said.

We got out of the car and walked up to the house. Before we could even enter Jess came running out and enveloped Ethan in a hug.

"Glad you're okay" she said sweetly.

As she hugged Liam and enquired about his cuts I ignored all three of them and walked into the house. I hadn't noticed it before but it was quite furnished with what looked like a lot of antiques. I went upstairs allowing my hand to slide up the smooth shiny banister.

When I reached the top I was greeted by a corridor of rooms, all with white doors. Starting from the left and working downwards I tried each of the rooms. The first one I opened had a grand king size bed made for two with high price fancy furniture to match. I shut the door and tried a second room. The wallpaper was full of kittens and everything in the room seemed to be kitten relayed or covered in kitten stickers. The next room was almost like a gaming area. A pool table was in the middle off the room with the balls and the cues set down as if ready to start a game. In one corner was a small corner sofa surrounding a plasma TV with numerous games and game consoles underneath. On the other side was a built in stereo system with shelves of music. I closed that door and tried the next one. I shut the door quickly as I realised it was Liam's room. Last thing I wanted to do was invade his privacy.

The last room on that corridor was different to all the others. The bed was a large double unlike the others who all had king size. The bed was made of wood and, like my room at Ethan's house, it had white curtains surrounding it. The room had pretty basic wooden varnished furniture and the wallpaper was black covered in white stars. It was quite obvious this was a guest room. I sat on the bed staring into the dressing table mirror right across from me.

The door to the room slammed and Liam came and stood next to me.

"There's something I need to tell you"

Hey would anyone go and check out my new book Conspiracy and Capture please. I will do read for read for anything except anime because I never seem to get anime. (No offence at all directed towards anime writers)

Thanks for all your love and support

~Jess