[fourteen]

DM's

DM's

Hi

grantster: hey!! Are you okay??

yeah, why?

grantster: I just haven't heard from you in a couple of days, I got a little worried

...

grantster: Dani?

I'm not okay, Grant

grantster: call me

_

Danielle sniffled when she heard the familiar "hello?" of Grant's voice on the other end of the line. "Hi.." She whispered, fiddling with a loose thread on her shirt.

"Hey, you," came Grant's concerned tone, and she could practically see his brow furrowing. "What's going on, sweetheart?"

Dani felt her heart throb at the nickname, the simply gesture being enough to fill her eyes with tears. "Grant, I-" she took a deep breath, scrubbing all tears from her face. "I want to be with you. I want to be with you so bad but I'm just.."

"Just what, sweetie?" Grant gently persuaded her, his soothing tone giving her the strength to continue speaking.

"I'm scared, Grant. When I was with Tyler, at one point I thought things were going so well, and the he just...left. He left and I had no idea why." Danielle took a deep breath, biting her lip as tears continued to stream from her eyes. "I-I didn't know what I did, or how to fix it..it felt exactly how it did when my Dad left.."

"Oh, baby.." Grant cooed, his heart aching for the girl on the other end of the line. "Baby, I completely understand why you're not ready. And you don't have to be ready right now. I'm more than willing to wait. And when you are ready, I'll be right here."

Danielle smiled faintly to herself and sniffled, raking a hand through her blonde hair. "Really?"

"Of course! I'm not leaving, okay? You're stuck with me." Grant said, and Dani could practically hear the smile in his voice.

"Thank you, Grant."

"Of course, sweetheart."

"...Grant?"

"Hm?"

"I-I...I love you."

"I love you too."