Starbucks Date

I jump as my hand slips from under my chin. My eyes clumsily open as I look up at the professor of my Intro to Literary Studies class. She was an older petite woman. Her glasses barely perched on her peaked nose. The chalkboard in front of her was filled with terms that I didn't bother to take notes on.

I look down at my open notebook on my desk. Not a single word was written on the lined paper. I considered even doodling to keep me from falling asleep again, but I'd still manage to fall asleep.

Chandler and I have been going steady for the last month. Our lifestyles weren't fazed at all. We had the same routines as we had when we were single. A frown appeared on my face as I thought about that. Was that a sign that we should've stayed friends? But instead of comparing our lifestyles, I compared my mood. I was genuinely happy for once. I don't know if it was the sex or what, but I was always joyous around him. Might as well call us friends with benefits.

The only downside was that I was always exhausted. I always spent too much time with Chandler and would have to finish my school work in the late hours of the night. Hence why I can't keep my eyes open.

My phone screen lights up from the corner of my desk. It was just a notification from Chandler's twitter.

@chandlerriggs ~ college is tiring

I expand the notification. Of course, there are already hundreds of replies on it. I read through the top three.

~ i love you

~ u right

~ by college you mean late nights with (Y/N), right?

My eyes widened at the last one. I don't know if I was embarrassed because his fans thought of us that way or because it was true. 

I tapped on the reply box and wrote:

@(your twitter name) ~ ur telling me

Seconds later I got replies such as creeper emojis and "omg's."

I closed my phone and set it back in the corner of my desk. chandler riggs (@chandlerriggs) retweeted your tweet lit up the screen.

chandler riggs (@chandlerriggs) mentioned you in a tweet: @(your twitter name) how about we ditch this place and go get some coffee?

I replied: @chandlerriggs deal

Since I was in a big class of students, I just gathered my stuff together and when the professor turned around, I slipped out the door.

I walked down the quiet, empty hallway. Almost all the adjacent classrooms were occupied with classes. Finally, I reached the front of the building. The cold winter air hit me as I walked outside. There was many buildings on campus: school buildings, dorms, restaurants. I could've stayed in a dorm, but I've always been more of an independent person. Anyways, if I didn't rent my apartment, Chandler and I might have never met.

There was only one Starbucks on campus and I knew that's where I'd meet Chandler. I opened the entrance door and stepped inside the warm cafe. My eyes skimmed the interior. Lots of people were sitting at the tables, either talking or studying, but none of them were Chandler.

I shrugged and looked up at the menu. I searched for something new to try but I knew that I'd end up getting the same thing I always did; a chai tea latte with an extra shot of chai. My thought was cut off by one of the workers. "Are you ready to order?"

"Um, yes," I politely said while stepping forward.

"What can I get you?" The younger worker asked. She looked around my age. Her lipstick caught my attention. The matte nude really complemented her red hair and freckles.

I ordered my usual drink of choice. "Is that all?" the worker proposed while typing the order into the cash register.

Before I could reply, the baked goods that were displayed caught my attention. "Actually can I get on of those blueberry muffins?"

"Of course,"

I paid then made my way over to the pickup counter. I pulled my phone out to see where Chandler was, but my question was answered when he dashed through the glass doors. A few people noticed him but continued to do their work.

I shyly looked up from my phone with a smirk.

"Dammit, I wanted to get here before you." he said as he walked over to me.

"And why's that?" I asked while he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Because I wanted to surprise you with a chai tea with extra chai."

"You know me too well, but you're too late loverboy." I pushed his dark hair back and pecked his lips. I escape his grasp and grab my thermal cup. "I'll get us a seat."

I walked over to the empty sofa against the wall. I lay my stuff on the coffee table and plug my phone into the available outlet.

Chandler walked closer to me with a coffee cup in his hand. He placed his coffee on the table then sat in the corner of the sofa. I lean back into his chest and lied my head onto his neck.

"So how's your day going?" I hear him ask, but before I could respond, I was passed out.

///////////////////////////////////////////

Author's note: I know this is a pretty small chapter, but I thought it was really cute. I also haven't updated in a month, so just act as though nothing happened. I've been preoccupied with my other story, Insanity. It's more of a Walking Dead/Carl fanfic and since season 7 just aired, I've been more in a mood to write about that. Plus I couldn't think of other chapters to write for this one, so if you have a request please message me. I'll be sure to give you a shoutout. This story really doesn't have a plot, it's just meant to be lighthearted and make you feel better. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy and have a good day! ~Aly