Athlete, or Mathlete?

POV: Harrison Peters

I was surprised, to say the least, when Annabeth Chase, the hottest girl I had ever seen, asked to join the Mathletes.

I mean, I knew she was brilliant. I had two classes with her, both of which she aced. But popular girls never seemed to want to be smart. They thought it made them seem dorky. And Annabeth Chase had popularity, whether she wanted it or not. She was gorgeous, athletic, and loved by all the teachers at our boarding school; the full package.

Also, it's not as though the Mathletes are complete and total nerds. We're okay. I'm the captain of the soccer team after all, and I like to think that I'm good looking, with my dirty blond, scruffy waves, and brown eyes.

But, on that fateful Wednesday, when Annabeth walked in, I was pretty damn close to shocked.

Miguel Ramirez, or Mikey, the captain, was calling the meeting to order, when she poked her head through the door.

"Can we help you?" Mikey said with disgust. He hates the popular kids with a passion.

Annabeth stepped inside all the way. She was wearing a simple, white t-shirt and jean shorts shorts, showing off her long, tan legs. I swear some of the guys were drooling. She had worn grey vans on her feet, and her blonde, curly locks were thrown messily into a side braid.

"Yes, you can." She said. "I want to join."

Most of the guys gasped (we had no girls). Mikey just rolled his eyes. "You?"

"Mike, she's cool." I said. "Just let her stay for one practice and you'll see."

Annabeth shot me a grateful look. Then she took a seat next to me.

For the next 45 minutes, Annabeth showed everyone up, and just all-around dominated. By the end, everyone was enthralled with this genius that was actually good looking. It was just so rare.

Mikey actually tried to ask her out at the end. It was a funny thought, because he was like, six inches shorter. She politely declined, saying she had a boyfriend. When he persisted, she punched him in the gut.

A guy knocked on the door. He opened it and said, "Annabeth, you ready? We have to get to camp." She smiled at him and nodded. She grabbed his hand and was about to leave, when she turned to us.

"See you all next week!" She said cheerfully. Then she was gone.

We were all still staring, dumbfounded, at the door.

"Wow," someone said, and I had to agree.
____________________________

So, what did you think? Leave a comment so that I can improve my writing! (Especially if you're a sub from iFunny because I love you guys!)

Thanks!

-mgbmusic