Chapter 15: Apology 謝罪

I walk pass through the ruins of the center with courage in my guts not trying to be frightened by the devastating things the monster had done. Fire fighters are busy putting off the fire which consumes the building. Medics are panicky rescuing those who can be rescued and carrying the corpse of those whom I assumed are dead. The scenario would really blow your mind but I have no time for that. All I need is to find that culprit, sprinkle her with salt, and keep my bravery on.

Everything seems different at this point. I am not bothered anymore; my mind is a clear slate. Nothing consumes me with worry. Well I guess there's still one; where should I find that kaiju? Maybe searching for some hints may help. Asking one of those panicking people is surely my last option. I'm still not sure if they would believe me. After all I am still a crazy woman in their eyes; I'm aware of that.

What are these weird footprints? They seem to be like footprints of a reptilian monster. Wait, monster? Sure this is SU-METAL's! I follow to where the prints would lead me not minding as to where would it bring me. At the forest! A dark forest! That kaiju is really testing my courage! She wants me to back down but I'm pretty sure I won't. Not at this time that I am certain I am close to defeating her. I entered the forest without hesitation.

Deeper and deeper, the forest's fog became thicker and more and more the footprints became fader. Shoot! I'm lost! That monster tricked me again! And I'm not sure if she's really here. Well there's a possibility that she's here but does she knew I already know how to defeat her? Does she know I am already equipped with the right attitude to face her?

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

What's that, a screaming voice of a girl? That voice seems familiar. No, not of SU-METAL's, it is rather a voice of someone close to me. It's Yui's voice!! I ran to where the voice is. I'm positive it came from this direction where I am heading. I am good at hearing, it's my gift, my talent. And I never thought I could use it to finish this terrible hell that I have been suffering. And to add up some hopes, maybe Yui is not dead! I'm sure that's her voice I've heard.

And yes I am right! I saw Yui, hugging the unconscious Moa. She is really terrified, crying out of horror. She is pinned by a humongous, about 12 feet tall, creature standing on its two feet with long hair and a pair of wings at its back which resembles to a dragon. I can't see its face since it is facing back at me.

I try to run and rescue them but my feet won't allow me. Why? I look at where I am standing and see decaying corpses grabbing my feet and preventing me from running. They are filled with black slime and lesions. Maggots and flies are slowly consuming their skin and their eyes are blank and are about to pop out from their heads, no their skulls. Those are hardly to be described as heads. I admit it, if this is the old Suzuka, I would faint but no! I'm already renewed! I'm already not the cowardly and innocent Su-chan, thanks to Mr. Morimoto! I am Suzuka, the bell who rings at the mountaintop to warn the demons that the great Kami-sama is going to deliver them to hell.

I pick a sturdy twig at the ground and beat their hands. There! One of them loses his grab from my feet but then another one try to grab my feet again. This is useless. They were so many. This would kill a lot of time. Wait! They are probably demons and not just zombies! I grab my sea salt container and sprinkle them with some of its content. Alas! The annoying freaks melt and burn upon contact with the salt. Now I am free to help my best frie...

"ARRRGG!!"

I turn my gaze at Yui and Moa and see them being ripped into two by the demon with its bare hands. Blood splatter within where she is standing and the intestines of the two girls fell down to the ground like egg yolks being fried in a pan. No! This can't be. Not them! How come... I am this close to saving them but...

The demon looks at me because I threw a stone at her to vent out my anger upon what she had done and to call her attention. But instead of expecting a monstrous face, a face of an innocent lady, crying for anguish and longing is what I have seen. It's my face; she transformed herself into me, dressed in white and her hair tied in ponytail similar to what we wore in our Legend Z concert. The only difference was that her dress is stained with blood. I'm one hundred percent sure this is SU-METAL but her facial expression is so different. It seems like she is sorry for what she had done. But no! I shouldn't be deceived! She is a demon! It's her nature to deceive!

"I'm sorry Su-san, I apologize for what I have done."

Author's Note

Well i guess as to what the structure of my plot is, this is hardly a "Gothic" horror and just a "Thriller" horror. The element of the "Castle"  is lost xD

well i will just change the title of this fiction so it won't be misleading.

Enjoy reading ^_^