Metaphor

I walk through the doors of Anteiku. Everyone looks at me for a second but then goes back to doing what they were doing before. I take off my jacket and put it on the arm of the couch before lying down.

I guess my eye changed back... They didn't say anything. I also noticed something weird. Those voices stopped even though I was still in the room with Hide. At that point I was already about to leave but still... It could mean something. And there's no way I'm letting Kaneki know about what could have happened...and what will happen. I have no idea how'd he react if he found out. I'm just going to let things play out...no matter how much I don't like the idea. Besides... I can't predict when it's going to happen. I just know that it will happen...

"Hey." Kaneki's face appears above mine. "What are you thinking about?"

"Life." I immediately reply. "...and its mysterious ways..."

"Well..." Kaneki takes a seat on the other arm of the chair "Life is like a rainbow...a monochrome rainbow. It's full of different events and circumstances ranged from light to dark, tint and shade...good and bad. But the thing is...we don't know the order in which it will happen nor do we know the time. We just know that there's no denying that it will at one point in time happen."

"...You'd make the perfect poet, Kaneki..."

"I would?"

"Yeah, you would."