Chapter 16

Tony's POV

I felt like I couldn't breathe. Waiting for the doctor was almost painful. When he finally came out, I had to wake Ash up, then we gathered around him to hear the news. I could feel my heart in my throat as the doctor finally spoke.

"So here's the news about your friend." He began. "She's going to make it-- barely." There was a collective sigh of relief. "She's going to need to stay here for about a half a day once she wakes up, then admitted to the mental hospital down the street for a month-"

"We can't do that. We don't live here, we're in the middle of a trip." I explained.

"Oh? What trip?" He asked suspiciously. I could tell he didn't believe me, and I got the urge to punch him. I kept my cool though, since anger wouldn't exactly help my case.

"Warped tour. You ever heard of it? We're two of the bands that play, and we had to get left behind because of this. I can even show you my ID, which is a California ID." The doctor just nodded.

"In that case, you'll need to watch her closely for the rest of your trip, and when you get home, she at least needs to see a therapist, if not-"

"Yeah, we get it." I snapped.

"Alright. She should be awake in the next couple hours, once she wakes up, you'll be free to visit her." The doctor finished, then walked out.

Kei's POV

I heard a beeping sound, and tried to open my eyes to turn it off, but was practically blinded by the bright white lights. I closed my eyes again and groaned. Why was it so bright? And where was that beeping coming from?! I tried opening my eyes again, this time letting them adjust to the bright light.

I looked around and saw a hospital room. I survived? I pressed the nurse button to let them know I was awake, and waited. Soon, nurses were surrounding me, checking my vitals and such, or whatever. I waited patiently until one of them actually talked to me.

"So, how do you feel?" She asked.

"Hm, drowsy, but I feel fine."

"Do you know why you're here?"

Tears filled my eyes as I nodded. Weirdly enough, I was glad I was alive. "Are my friends here?" I asked.

"Yes, do you want them to see you?"

I thought about it. Did I want them to see me? How would I face them after what I tried to do? Would they hate me? Would they care? Still, I nodded. I didn't want the nurse thinking there was something wrong. She went out, and soon returned with all of Pierce the Veil and Black Veil Brides. I tried to blink the tears back as I saw their faces. Most of them had tears in their eyes, or looked like they had just finished crying.

"G-guys, I-"

"Oh my god, Kei!" Jake rushed forward first, cutting me off. He fell to his knees at my bedside. "God, this is all my fault, I'm so sorry.."

"No, Jake. Don't blame yourself. It was my fault, and mine only. I'm just glad you're here.. I'm sorry for over reacting about the club. I should've let you explain."

"It's okay." Jake stood up, and one by one, each of the guys said hi, giving me hugs and telling me how glad and relieved they were that I was alive.

"Kei." Andy called, just as I was finishing up with Jinxx. "Austin's on the phone. He has Alan, Kellin, and Oli on speaker. You wanna talk?"

I nodded and took the phone. "A-Austin?" I said.

"Kei, thank god you're okay!" He sounded like he was crying, and more tears threatened to spill over.