Good day

Joonmyeon huffs as he tries to help Sehun start moving the suitcases into the living room so they can start sorting things out. He's glad that Jongin and Sehun's parents had already had the moving company bring and construct the beds into the extra rooms that the two younger men are going to be using from now on. It's already going to be hectic enough for Joonmyeon to start graduate school and help with Sehun and Jongin adjust to living away from home—and settling into university life.

It was nice being the oldest when they were younger because whenever their nannies had them play with each other at dinner parties while their parents were dealing business, Sehun's nanny and Jongin's nanny always had them bow to Joonmyeon first and he was allowed to pick the movie they'd watch, the game that they'd play.

Now, though, it's just a big headache.

Because Joonmyeon went off to university first, naturally, was given the biggest apartment in the building (in the nicest building, on the nicest side of town—but that's a given because their families, their status), graduated first, sent to graduate school, and now has to babysit his dongsaengs.

And, at the current moment, one of his dongsaengs isn't cooperating.

"Jongin-ah," Joonmyeon says and tugs at Jongin's sleeve so maybe the younger man will stop staring at the apartment door and actually help Sehun carry in the bags. "Sehunnie is going to be a hunchback in about three minutes if—"

"Who's the guy who just brought me and Sehunnie here?" Jongin asks suddenly, looking at Joonmyeon curiously.

Joonmyeon blinks. "Kyungsoo-shii? The receptionist?"

Jongin frowns (Sehun has managed to drag Jongin's largest suitcase halfway towards Jongin's bedroom). "He's kind of young to be stuck working as a rece—"

"He goes to the university," Joonmyeon says. "He was a freshman when I was a senior last year, and he's on scholarship so I think the apartment gives him free rent with his own room if he works on the days he doesn't have class."

Jongin glances back to the door (Sehun gives the suitcase another tug before falling flat on his face in the doorway of Jongin's bedroom). "Oh," he says.

Why is the sky so blue today?

Why is the breeze so perfect only today?

Chanyeol turns at the sound of his name, blinking. He waves brightly when he looks down and meets eyes with Jongin. "Where're you going?" he asks, as Jongin leans against the receptionist desk. Chanyeol walks around the left side from behind the desk and goes to stand next to Jongin at the front.

Kyungsoo, who is sitting behind the receptionist desk (because he's the receptionist), shrinks in his seat and ducks down closer to his homework to the point where his nose is nearly touching the paper and Chanyeol personally doesn't think that Kyungsoo's eyesight is that bad nor is composing a short five-part medley that hard.

"Dance battle," Jongin says, offering a friendly smile and tugging at the cap on his head playfully. He presses himself closer against the high, circular barrier of the desk (that Chanyeol is glad he's taller than, so his armpits don't have to ache when he rests his elbows on it) and attempts to look into the desk pit. "D'you like watching dance battles, Kyungsoo-shii?"

Kyungsoo scribbles out a chord.

Chanyeol blinks—scuttles around back into the desk pit to tap Kyungsoo's shoulder because—