Chapter 15| New Life

Lucy's POV

As night fell and morning rose, my morning routine had to begin. I open my eyes and eye the clock. I was as tired as I could ever be. I look at the clock, 7:12AM. Oh, I'm right on time. I sit up from my bed and but I could feel someone grasp my wrist.

"Luce, what are you doing up so early?" Natsu asks me in a muffled tone. I smile and I lay back down on the bed.

"How are we going to hide from Zeref... I'm worried." I finally say with a sad tone. I couldn't stop worrying about Zeref and everything that he tried planning. Natsu knew about the plan before but he decided not to kill me. I look over to my right and Natsu was staring at me.

"It's gonna be okay Luce, I promise." He smiled. He pulls me next to him, giving me a hug. I tilted my head on his shoulder and he put his chin on top of my head. This feels... warm and I believe him. It is going to be alright. I smile and let this moment pass.

Fifteen minutes pass and we had to get up. As we both got ready, I really missed that warmth that we had. Natsu... That's all I could think of right now. Natsu said we had to look for a job or something that'll get us out of the condo so that people won't suspect anything. When we finish getting ready, we walked out of the building and we began to walk around the city.

"Hey Luce, what do you think we should get a job as?" Natsu asks me. But I really don't want any job, I wanna go back to my mafia and go on assassination jobs.

"I don't know. I just wanna go back home." I say sadly. What could I do to get my mind out of this? I look over to my right and I see Natsu frowning. I know what he's thinking.

"Natsu, I know you're trying really hard to keep me safe, but I just can't help the feeling of leaving without telling anyone." I say as I look down at the floor. Jeez, I really am a buzzkill.

"I understand Luce, I feel the same way. Well actually, that's how I felt during these past two years. I felt bad for leaving without telling you. I felt bad for leaving the stripper, surprisingly. I missed my family... and most of all, I missed you." He finally says.

I guess I should make an effort on this with Natsu. I smile and I reply, "Hey Natsu, how about we work in that cafe. 8 Island's"

"Hmm... why not?" He grins widely and he drags me over to there. As we open the door to the restaurant... we find someone that's familiar.

"JELLAL?!" Natsu roared and Jellal looked over at us. He smirks. What the hell is this guy doing here?

Jellal's POV

I was just making a phone call with my commander and I just hear someone roar out my name. That's when I see the devil... Natsu Dragneel and Lucy Heartfilia. I thought that loser died. Oh well, I guess my work here is never done. I smirked at them and Lucy looked furious. I guess the commander will be happy when I bring her in.

I walk over to them and I smile, "Oi, I thought you died... Dragneel." I said loudly and everyone looked at our direction. They were mumbling things like, 'He's back'; 'He's gonna kill us'; 'he's supposed to be dead';

Natsu smiles and he looks around, "I am not Natsu Dragneel, I'm uh..."

That's when I see Lucy yell, "He's playing a role of Natsu Dragneel in a documentary."

Everyone nodded and went back to eating, WHAT THE FUCK?!

That's when I see them run out, I grab my BB Gun and run after them, I'll take you to Zeref, killed or alive.