Episode 1-part three

I don't know if Sam and Dean 'll be shown in this chapter. Also, I know Sam and Dean don't meet with Bobby 'til the end of season one but would you mind if I had them meet him sooner?

And yes, I picked Jude's name because of the Beatles song, 'Hey Jude!'

[Third person pov | Singer auto yard | Present day]

"Salt?"

"Check!"

"Sawed of shotgun?"

"Check!"

"Rock salt ammo?"

"Check!"

"Normal shotgun?"

"Check!"

"Silver knife?"

"Double check! 'Cause there's two."

Bobby listed things off while Liv made sure they were in the duffel bag. They both knew it was probably a raccoon again, but you could never be to careful. That house was listed on many websites as 'haunted'. A man with an unfaithful wife had died there and was said to target women.

Shoving his EMF detector into the duffel bag, Bobby zipped it up and slung it over his shoulder. His eyes moved down to Liv who was staring up at him cutely. Her black hat drooped slightly from the weight of the pom pom on top and her sweater was just a little to big, her hands being covered. And she had on the cutest little boots along with some leggings. Bobby, who didn't really find much cute, found Liv extremely adorable.

"Bobby, do you think it's a ghost?" Liv asked. "I don't know, Liv. I guess we'll just have to go find out." Bobby said, trying to sound as cheerful as possible. In reality, he was terrified. He didn't want to bring a four year old, let alone one he cared deeply for into a possible hunt!

"Alright, let's go, squirt," He smiled, patting her head. Liv grabbed Bobby's head, smiling up at him. Making sure to lock the door behind him, Bobby set off across the yard with Liv's hand in his.

"Let's go over some things." Bobby said. "Okay." Olivia chirped, smiling up at him. Bobby smiled back, scratching his beard. "Alright, how do you repel ghosts?" He asked. "Salt and iron. If you make a salt circle and stand in it sometimes they can't get in, unless they're really strong." Liv said without missing a beat.

'That... That makes me feel a whole lot better about this situation.' Bobby decided, slightly dumbfounded. He didn't know Olivia knew so much about ghosts already. "And how do you get rid of ghosts?" Bobby asked, curious as to if she knew. 

"Well, you can salt and burn the bones. If they're bo-bou-bound to something then you salt and burn that to." Liv said, struggling a bit to say one of the words. Bobby smiled down at her, beaming in pride, "That's ma girl."

Liv grinned up at him before turning her gaze to the road ahead of them. She began to whistle the tune of 'Carry on my Wayward Son' as they walked. Bobby deadpanned. Yeah, this was definitely Dean's kid.

"Can I have a slice of pie when we get back?"

Yup, definitely Dean's kid.

-

Bobby knocked three times on the door, jumping when it swung open immediately. His neighbor, Jude opened the door, her cheeks stained with tears. "Thank god you're here!" She grabbed Bobby's arm, pulling him in along with Liv.

"Whoa there, calm down and tell me what's wrong." Bobby said, placing a hand on the woman's shoulder. "T-There was a man! He was in my bedroom, and he had a knife! A knife!" She wailed, "Then he just up and vanished into thin air! But I know what I saw, I'm not crazy! I'm not!"

She was getting hysterical. Bobby glanced down at Liv and they shared a look. "Bobby, you should go look upstairs while I sit with Jude in the kitchen!" Liv said cheerfully, her hand slipping into the duffel bag and retrieving one of the jars of salt they brought.

Bobby felt pride swell up inside him and he smiled, nodding. Grabbing Jude's hand, Liv softly led her into the kitchen. Bobby watched them go, nodding to Liv who nodded back. Bobby then turned and started towards the stairs.

Olivia was so mature for her age. But then again, she was being raised by hunters. It was just surprising he supposed. There was still a lot she didn't know but she was learning. She could already read pretty well which was something, and she knew a few words in Latin.

"Hey Jude, why don't you sit here! I'm going to make us a super circle of ultimate protection for us!" Liv grinned, unscrewing the bottle. She needed to keep this woman calm. "O-Okay." Jude smiled at the little girl, already feeling calmer.

Bobby, who was upstairs, had no doubt about it being a ghost. The temperature had dropped a few degrees, and the lights were flickering like crazy. Wielding a silver knife, Bobby carefully began to make his way back downstairs. He needed to salt and burn the bones.

From what he remembered, the man had been buried under the oak tree out in the backyard. Rushing into the kitchen, he let out a breath of relief when he saw Liv had got Jude's small table into the middle of the room. A thick salt circle surrounded them. "Hey you two." Bobby smiled, nodding at Liv who nodded back. It was a ghost, no doubt.

"D-Did you find him?" Jude asked, looking away from Liv who had been telling her about her favorite food and type's of music. Jude loved kids, she wished hers would stay in touch. However, she never saw or heard from them, let alone her grandchildren.

"No, but would you happen to have a shovel?"

-

Bobby left to salt and burn the bones, thankfully having a lighter on hand. Jude had some lighter fuel out by the back grill that he could use. Liv stayed inside with Jude, listening as she talked about her gardening hobby.

Olivia was about to tell her about how much she liked Poppy flowers when the lights began to flicker. She shivered a bit as the temperature dropped several degrees causing the room to become freezing.

"Don't move." Liv whispered to Jude who was now shaking in fear. Jude let out a scream as a man flickered into view just outside the salt circle, a large steak knife in his hand. Blood was splattered on his pale face. He wore a suit, as if he was getting ready for a party or something. Or maybe that's what he was buried in. His brown hair, now dull and greyish, was combed neatly, parted perfectly down the middle.

Jude let out another scream, tears escaping her eyes as the man swung the knife in her direction. However, the knife was stopped by a seemingly invisible force, the salt. Liv blinked at him before smiling in relief, the salt was working.

Olivia and Jude both jumped in surprise as the man burst into flames. Liv grinned and just like that, the man was gone.

Liv, although it was small, easy and fast, had just worked her first case. With Bobby's help, of course.