Chapter Five :: This Calls For War

I laid on my bed my bed working on the homework Hunter basically left me with no choice in doing whilst music played on the small radio above my nightstand.

Little miss virgin.

His words play over and over again in my head, causing me to shut the chemistry book and toss it to the other side of my bed. I fell back onto my soft pillow and stared at my ceiling blankly.

Damn him and his pranks..his smirk...his good looks...

Ew no, Ryleigh! Pull yourself together. 

The jerk has my journal, and I need to get it back.

Or maybe I could follow up with Emma and her "Mean Girls Reunion" movie night and forget all about what happened today.

But I really need my journal back before he can even think about doing anything else with it...

And that's when I realized there would be no point in trying to get it back, especially if he's home. That's just calling for my unnecessary trouble that I really do not need, so I decided with "Plan B".

I sent Emma a quick text before getting up and heading downstairs where my father sat typing away on his laptop at the kitchen table and my mother stood cooking dinner.

"Dinner's not ready yet." My mother says, glancing at me with a smile as she fixed her apron around her waist.

"Actually, I was going to ask if I am allowed to head over to Emma's...to study together." I lie, knowing that my parents would've said no if it was for any other reason.

"Is Hunter going to be there?" My dad questions protectively looking up from his screen. He must've remembered the events that took place last night.

"Ew, dad. You do not have to warn me about him..." I cringe at the thought of even liking Hunter in any way shape or form.

"Good, because that boy is only calling for trouble." My dad finishes before he began typing away again.

You don't have to tell me twice...

"Richard, stop being rude. He's a nice boy." My mother scolds my father before turning back to me with a smile. "And yes, you may. Just be sure to be back before ten, and don't--" And this is where I save you from hearing my over-protective mother's ridiculous set of rules that I've her well more then enough times.

"I know the rules, mom." I smile before exiting the house and walking next door to Emma's house.

I walked up the steps of her porch before ringing the doorbell.

Since Emma's parents work long shifts, she's usually home alone. That is unless...

The door swings open and there I am faced with a shirtless Hunter.

 Great.

"Look, if you came here to get your journal, then I'd turn right back around and head home." He says as if that was what I came here to do.

"I didn't come here to get the stupid journal back." I spit, folding my arms over my chest. "I didn't even come here for you."

"Someone's feisty." He smirks, folding his muscular arms over his chest.

"You're an ass." I bite back.

"Touché." He replies. "So what brings you here then, babe?" He leans against the door frame.

"I came here for Emma, and stop calling me that!" I sigh annoyed.

"What? Babe?" He questions.

"Yes, stop calling me that." I demand.

"Hmm, okay, Tiger." He smirks even more then he was before.

"That doesn't mean make up a new one." I furrow me eyebrows.

"Kitten." He keeps trying to annoy me, and that's when Emma appears walking downstairs.

"Ryleigh?" She questions, then once seeing the issue she rolls her eyes. "Hunter, you're such an ass! Don't you have anything better to do with your life?"

He ignores her complaints and keeps his attention on me. "See you later, Kitten." He spins on his feet before walking away in the other direction.

Emma rolled her eyes again. "Come one, let's go up to my room."

I enter the house, closing the door behind me before following her upstairs and into her room.

I sit on top of her white duvet as I look around her purple painted walls that she's had since the day I met her.

"He didn't do anything to you, right?" Emma questioned, grabbing her laptop before sitting next to me.

"Not yet." I said scooting to lean against the back of the bed as she signed into Netflix.

"I'm sorry, he's an ass." She points out the obvious causing the both of us to laugh. "But you know this whole thing doesn't have to be one sided..."

I glanced at her, confused. "So...what are you saying?"

"Sometimes you have to give a person a taste of their own medicine." She shrugs.

Was she implying for I, Ryleigh Adams, a girl with a 3.90 GPA, who only one friend to seek revenge on the one and only Hunter Dawson?

"You do know who I am, right?" I question jokingly, causing her to laugh. "I would only be starting a war between Hunter and I."

"Then win it." Emma winks.

She was right. I needed to fight back, after all these years. I needed to get my revenge.

This calls for war, Hunter.