1. An Unfortunate Arrangement

Draco sat at the end of the Slytherin table in the Great Hall. He drummed his fingers on his knee as he stared angrily at the Gryffindor table. Unlike popular belief, he wasn't staring at Harry Potter. He was indeed staring at the red haired nuisance named Ron Weasley.
     "Draco?" Pansy slid into the seat beside him "Oi. Would you stop staring at Harry! You act like you're in love with him!"
     Draco whipped his head around and pointed his finger at Pansy. "I am NOT in love with that whiny brat!" By the time he finished yelling, Everyone around him was staring.
     "Draco... Calm down. Everyone's staring..." Pansy nervously looked around.
     Draco did not calm down. "I wasn't even staring at him!" Many confused looks came from all directions, though mostly the Gryffindor table.
     Pansy lowered her voice. "Who were you looking at then?"
     Draco blushed then scowled. "No one." Pansy was confused but dropped the subject, for now.
     The day went by fairly normal after that, until Draco decided to say something to the red head. They were in the Great Hall for dinner and Draco had a new insult to use.
     He sat down at the edge of the Slytherin table and smirked. "Weasel!" He called, looking over at the Gryffindor table. Hermione shot him a look but no one else looked his way. He tried again "Hey! Little weasel! I'm talking to you!" Ron looks up, gives him the finger, then looks back down at his food. Draco could see Hermione scolding Ron for 'doing something that inappropriate.'
     Dinner went on and Draco sat there angrily. He wanted to brake that little Weasel's neck. He needed to get him back for flipping him off. He stood abruptly and walked swiftly toward the trio at the Gryffindor table.
     "Hello Granger, Potter, and you Weasley." He made a face as though he smelled something nasty.
     Ron looked up. "Shove off."
     Draco smirked. "My, my, Weasley how often do you have to say that at your cramped little house?" Draco could tell Ron was getting angry so he continued. "You know... With your mum the size of a house already." That was it.
     Ron stood up but Harry pulled on his robes so he couldn't reach Draco. "You're dead, Malfoy."
     Draco just smirked. "But Weasley... I have money to keep myself from starving... do you?"
     Ron's face went red as he realized everyone was staring at them now. "Malfoy, you don't know the first thing about my family." Draco froze. "My dad and mum actually care about me. Have your parents ever even said that they love you?" Draco's smirk fell and Hermione had already decided that Ron went too far.
     Draco stood there stunned for a moment before he pulled out his wand. Ron did the same. Before they could hurt each other in any way, Dumbledore walked over and grabbed both their wands. "Follow me. Both of you."
     Ron glanced over at Draco when they were almost to Dumbledore's office and saw him wipe his face angrily. Ron looked at the floor again. He couldn't believe it. He made Draco cry... He had never seen Malfoy cry... ever.

     Dumbledore opened the door to the office and ushered them in. They sat down and Draco kept his gaze at his hands in his lap. "Now... I heard some insults being thrown around and then you both got out your wands." Ron saw Draco quickly wipe his face again. "Now this has happened before on several occasions. I have come up with a way to fix this." Draco now lifted his head to look at Dumbledore. "You two will be sharing a room that I have made specially for you." They both were dumbfounded.
     "Wait... You can't do that can you?" Ron had sat forward in his chair.
     "Yes, Mr. Weasley, I can."
     Draco now looked at Dumbledore at a loss for words. Dumbledore stood up. "I will take you to your room now. You will not have classes for the rest of the day." And with that he left the room. Ron and Draco were walking behind him. Draco had stopped crying but his eyes were slightly red.

     Dumbledore opened a door to a normal sized dorm room. There were two beds, two desks, and a large window in the farthest wall. Dumbledore pushed them into the room and left. Draco sat down on the bed to the right, which had a green comforter. Ron walked to the other side of the room to his red bed before deciding to turn and walk to Draco's instead.
     Ron slowly walked toward him and stood in front of him. "Hey Malfoy..." Draco looked up and scowled. "I took that too far back there. I'm sorry..."
     Draco's scowl deepened before he stood and pushed past Ron. He stopped at the door and turned towards Ron. "Don't ever pity me, Weasel." and with that, he left the room.