2

Lucy's POV:

I knew he'd say that. I just knew it.
We never got to visit mom, and every time it was something different.
I'm not feeling well Luce, maybe next time. Oh, I can't, we could get caught. We need to practice our powers, we can't afford to loose control again...
All those lame excuses. He just didn't want to face her because of what happened three years ago. I don't even remember what happened. Adrian says I was asleep, but I think I'd wake up if someone hit the wall right next to my bed!
He was always telling me what I can and can't do, and I'm sick of it. I'm the older sibling, even if he's mature, and looks taller, but only by like, 2 inches. Besides, if it weren't for our powers, we could deny being twins, or even siblings very easily, considering our looks.
I had dark brown, almost black eyes, long black hair, that I always wore in a ponytail, I always wore my mother's black leather jacket, with purplish-red on the bottom of the sleeves, over a t-shirt and jeans. Never changing my look, it's awesome.
My brother, on the other hand, couldn't be more different. He had crystal-blue eyes and short, naturally white hair, like, snow white (No pun intended). And he wore jeans, and t-shirts every day, only wearing his black hoodie when it was cold outside.
But you get the point. We were opposites in everything but our skin tone, as we were both very pale, no matter how much sun we got. But that's not the point.
Tomorrow, I'm going to visit my mother. With, or without Adrian.

Adrian's POV:

Okay, I'm not stupid. I know Lucy's going to visit mom without me. That's why I'm going with her, and we're bringing weapons. Not exactly for mom, but the monsters that always try attacking us. And also in case mother tries anything...

~time jump, one day~

Lucy was just about to leave to visit mom when I caught her climbing out her window.
"It's not what it looks like!" Was the first thing out of her mouth when I pulled her back in. "Really?" I asked. "Because it looks like your trying to sneak out and see mother."
"Okay, but what if I am? I have the right to see her!"
"I know."
"Don't deny it!" She yelled, then paused, "wait, you do?"
Oh, so that's how you shut her up. "Yes. And if you go, I'll come too. But we're bringing weapons, there's been a lot more monsters out lately."
She nodded excitedly and grabbed her sword. We'd run into a few demigods over the past few years, and stolen- I mean borrowed their weapons.
We now had a large collection of weapons, all of them made of some strange metal, like bronze, but they only hurt monsters and demigods.
I strapped my sword to my side, and grabbed a knife and some energy bars. You never know what'll happen when you're a demigod. I like to always be prepared.
Lucy, of course, only had her sword and the clothes on her back.
I sighed and walked over to her. She was waiting by the door, and gave me a look when I stopped next to her.
"What?" I asked.
"We're just going to visit the hospital." She said. "Why'd you bring so much?"
"I've hardly brought anything!" I exclaimed. "You should've brought more than a sword! Anything could happen! We're demigods!"
Lucy just rolled her eyes and walked out of the room. When she came back, she was putting a knife in her boot.
"There, you happy?" She asked. I nodded and she said, "well, come on! Lets go!"
With that, we walked out the door, to visit my crazed, murderous mother.
Gods be with us.