Chapter 6

~Your POV~

It had been a few weeks since you had decided to move into Saitama and Genos apartment, you sold your own apartment. You had registered for the heroes association and were waiting for the day when they held the day which they would test your intelligence and strength.

Genos and you were becoming good friends and Saitama seemed a little jealous of this because Genos was his student, and you had become Genos student.

You and Genos were out training in an open space, doctor Kuseno had added some improvements to you by adding in small boosters and incineration cannons in the palms of your hands which helped you fight better.

You were training in speed today dodging small attacks from Genos, but at some times it came a little too close. "You have improved greatly Y/N, soon you will surpass me at this rate" Genos complemented you.

You were dodging multiple fire attacks from Genos but you were getting worn out and you ended up with a burn mark on your arm, "crap, ah, that one hurts!" you yelled. Genos stopped firing and ran to be by your side, "here let me see" he ordered, you let him scan and inspect the burn.

"Ugh, Genos it's not that bad" you playfully whine "Y/N... If you don't treat your wounds they could get worse, and besides that did you treat your other wound on your leg from last week" "yes Genos I did, ugh stop worrying and let's get back to training, if I don't push myself I'll never get better" you told him "now hit me".

Genos smiled at your persistence, that was something that he admired about you. he threw a punch and you easily dodged it, he went in and grabbed your hand and swooped your legs from underneath you and you landed flat on your arse.

"That was a sneaky move" you growled, Genos pulled you off from the ground "if you were better you would have dodged it," he told you playfully "shut up" you poked your tongue out at him.

"Hey lets spice things up a bit," you told Genos "and how would you suggest we do that?" he asked. You grinned at the cyborg and tried throwing a punch at him but he grabbed your fist before it was even close to him, you pulled your arm back which drew Genos closer.

Your faces were inches apart, you slowly closed your eyes and so did Genos, fooled by your evil trick you spun him around and held him in a chokehold. He was surprised by your actions and started to blush at the thought of what he almost did "you may be able to counter my attacks but you know nothing of my trickery" you told him with a smirk.

You let Genos go and he turned towards you trying not to make eye contact, "aww Genos, don't be embarrassed that I beat you in a sparring match, I won't tell Saitama" you told him "no, it's not that" he told you quickly "then what is it?".

Genos didn't give you an answer and just started walking off, "Genos!?" you call confused but he didn't turn back. You caught up to him and grabbed his arm looking into his golden eyes, "Genos?" suddenly he brought you in for a hug but you didn't push away.

After a moment he pulled away and looked into your E/C eyes and brushed a stray hair from them while smiling, "It's just, I'm just finally realising how much you have grown since the first time I saw you, your brave and persistent, you never give up, that's what I admire about you and so much more".

You pulled Genos in for another hug but when you pulled away you gave him a gentle kiss on the cheek, his eyes widened in shock as you started to blush "well see you at home" you told him before slipping on your jacket and sprinting off.

~Genos POV~

I stood there in shock all by myself, 'she... she kissed me?'. I brought my hand up to my face and touched the spot where she kissed me, I looked in the direction of where she ran and smiled.

~Your POV~

You sat down on a park bench by a pond and watched the water, "what was I thinking" you told yourself out loud. "What are you thinking sweet cheeks?" a masculine voice asked, you turned around to see a man with blond hair that peeked up with a lightning bolt painted on his left cheek.

"Um hello?" you asked a little unsure, "I'm Lightning Max, class A rank 19, but you can just call me Max, what's your name?" Max asks inquisitively "um, Y/N".

Max sits down next to you a little close for comfort, "so what's a girl like you doing here all alone, especially at this hour" it was getting dark now since you had trained with Genos for the whole day. "I was just out for a walk," you told him plainly before standing up.

You began to walk past the man but he stood up and grabbed your arm, it just so happened that it was your burnt one. You hissed in pain but he didn't let go "please let me go!" you cry out in pain, but the man was persistent.

You used your enhanced speed and slipped out of your jacket and stood a few feet away from the man clenching your arm in pain, max just stood there shocked at your speed. "Can I have my jacket back?" you spit at him, he looks down at the jacket and then at your arm "I'm sorry I didn't know" he spoke nervously.

You glared at the man as he held out the jacket, you took it from him and slipped it on walking away from him. "Wait, let me walk you home," he asked running up to you, "leave me alone," you told him but he continued to walk next to you.

Once you realized that he wasn't leaving you stopped, turning to the man you glared up at him "leave" you growled. The man stood there and crossed his arms, you raised one of your eyebrows "what was your name again?" you ask him "it was Ma-".

You had sped off leaving him alone, once you arrived at the apartment it was already dark 'pathetic'. You opened the apartment door and walked in, Genos came rushing up to you.

"Where have you been, it's getting late?" he asked worried. You looked down at the floor "sorry... but this guy wouldn't leave me alone" you told him. "Who" "Lightning Max or something," you told him recalling what he had told you "class A rank 19... did he hurt you?" Genos asked while looking at you clasping onto your arm "no, I'm fine".

You tried walking past Genos but he stood in the way "I can tell when you're lying" he told you, you looked up at the cyborg "he just grabbed my arm, it was an accident" "he touched you!" Genos voice was raised. "Just leave it alone," you told him and walked into the bathroom.

You closed and locked the door behind you, you carefully slipped off your jacket wincing in pain. Looking at the burn in the mirror you got out some ointments to treat the burn, it was cold but you went through with it. You finally bandaged it up and put everything back in its place, when you walked out of the bathroom you noticed Genos was waiting for you with his arms crossed.

Walking past the cyborg you go out onto the porch with him following close behind, Genos closed the door behind him once you both were out. You leaned on the railing and looked out at the stars, it was a clear cool night.

~Genos POV~

I watched as Y/N admired the stars her hair falling softly on her shoulders, I walked up to stand next to her but didn't make eye contact. "I'm sorry," I told her as she crooked her head to the side "what for?", "for hurting you, for not protecting you," I said sadly. Y/N stood up straight facing me and grabbed my hands, "Genos... you didn't mean to, and you have always protected me, never once since I met you, you have never failed to at least try, that is more than I can ask for" Y/N smiled sweetly.

She rested her head on my shoulder and wrapped her arms around my torso, I started to heat up from the contact but she didn't seem to mind. I slowly wrapped my arms around her and brought her in closer, I took all my feelings and gave into them.

"Y/N..." I whispered quietly as she hummed in response "do... do you, like me?" I asked my voice struggling to get the words out "I could feel her smiling into my chest "why wouldn't I".

Y/N looked up with her sparkling E/C eyes and wrapped her arms around my neck, leaning closer to one another slowly closing my eyes. Her lips touched mine, soft, sweet, and lovely.

Saitama opened the porch door "dinner's ready, what the?", we pulled away from one another and blushed hard. Saitama looked at us both and smiled "well, come in when you're ready, don't let me interrupt you" he said awkwardly and closed the door behind him.

Y/N started making her way towards the door but I pulled her back and kissed her once more, I rested my forehead on hers "will you be mine?" I ask suddenly. She looked at me with those beautiful E/C orbs and kissed me "yes".