Memories

After a long hours of travel, Jiyong and Youngbae at last arrived to the hospital were Dara was admitted. Jiyong immediately went out from the car and proceed to the nurse station to inquire Dara's room.

"Sandara, Sandara Park. Where is her room?" Jiyong asked anxiously.

"May I know how are you with the patient?" The nurse inquired.

" I-I'm....." Jiyong stuttered, unsure what he was with Dara when they heard someone.

"Oppa!"

Hearing the familiar little voice, he glanced to where it came from and saw Durami, Dara's little sister.

"Duarami, where is Dara?" Jiyong hurriedly asked.

"She's in ICU room oppa. At the right end of the hallway." Durami pointed the direction which Jiyong immediately followed.

Without wasting anytime, Jiyong sprinted his way to the room and looked at the door window where patient can be viewed.

Jiyong's heart stopped beating seeing Dara lying in the bed with a lot of machineries. His heart was broken a million of times as he saw how machine keep up with her breathing as she lay down like a sleeping angel. Seeing her in that condition made his knees weak, and eventually falls down to the floor. Unable to believe what he saw, Jiyong sat on the floor, looking devastated. Then he felt a hand touched his shoulder. And as he glanced back, he saw Dara's mother.

" Dear, we need to talk. Are you ready?" Dara's mother asked gently.

Without further thinking, Jiyong nodded and stood up as he followed Dara's mom.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It took more than an hour to tell Jiyong all he needs to know. But Dara's mother did not expect for Jiyong to stay quiet and have no questions during narration. She just observed that as she told him the story, he remained blank, unreadable.

After telling him what she know, the room was filled with unnerving silence.

"Jiyong, I-I'm so...." Dara's mother spoke but was suddenly interrupted by Jiyong.

"What happen?" Jiyong asked softly, head bowed down.

"What do you mean?" Dara's mother asked back.

"What happened? Why is she in this state?" Jiyong looked at her. Lost. Broken.

"Because of her stubbornness, heroic act." Dara's Mother smiled painfully.

Noticing Jiyong's puzzled look, Dara's mother continued.

"As you stayed with us, you and Dara find company with each other. You played all day along with the other kids in our neighborhood. One day, you were playing at the road side and you were chasing Dara. I don't know exactly what happened but base on what the other kids told me, you were chasing Dara when Dara playfully crossed the road. Dara was able to crossed the road but unfortunately, you was hit by a car. The impact was huge and caused huge damage on your little body in the extent that an organ transplant was required for you to survive." Dara's mother started recollecting the memories in the past.

**Flashback**

"Dara dear, your too young for this! As much as we care for Jiyong, we could not allow you to donate your liver." Dara's mother declared.

"But mom, I'm the reason why he's there. Why he was hit by a car. If I did not run, he will not chase after me and if he will not chase after me, he should have not been hit by a car" Dara opposed.