·Chapter 37: Welcome Home·

"Josh, would you mind grabbing the diaper bag?" You asked as you shut the back car door after getting Spencer out from the back seat.

"Of course!" Josh happily agreed, opening the back door to get the bag.

Today was the day that Spencer came home. You and Josh had just made it home with him.

You were very careful when carrying Spencer in the little car seat carrier you and Josh bought.

You had Spencer's car seat carrier in one hand, and a small bag of your things in the other.

Over the days you had spent in the hospital, Josh had brought back some things from the gift shop. One of the things he had brought back was a teddy bear with a blue bow sewn onto it like a bowtie.

Just looking at it made you smile.

You were almost to the front door, and Josh hurried ahead of you, opening the door for you.

"Thanks Josh." You thanked him, walking inside. You decided just to take the entire car seat to Spencer's room, and Josh followed close behind you.

You turned into Spencer's room, and walked over to the crib, gently placing the car seat next to it.

You got him out, holding him very carefully. He was very fragile to you, and you didn't want to,make him uncomfortable. "He's so amazing." Josh grinned. "He takes after you." You chuckled.

"You stole my line..." Josh chuckled too, looking back down at Spencer. "He had your eyes though. That's for sure." You looked up at Josh, studying his eyes carefully. "Eyes I could never get tired of looking into."

"Well he definitely has your nose." Josh said, kissing your nose. "You giant dork." You said, both of you chuckling.

"Hey... Can I hold him again?" Josh asked, excitement filling his eyes. "Of course. He is your son, after all." You said, placing Spencer in Josh's arms.

Josh held him carefully, not able to stop smiling. "This is unbelievable, honestly." Josh sighed happily. "This is perfect. My family is perfect... Our family is perfect." He said, looking up at you as if to solidify what he said. A smile crossed your face as you nodded in agreement. "I wouldn't trade this for anything else Josh."

"Alright... Let's let him wind down for a bit. He's had a pretty crazy couple of days." Josh chuckled, walking closer to Spencer's crib. He leaned down, placing Spencer in his crib.

"Alright... You have the baby monitor set up, right?" Josh asked curiously. "Yep! I got it all figured out a couple days ago." you explained, grabbing the monitor to take with you.

"Hey... Come here." Josh said, pulling you into a hug. You wrapped your arms around Josh, placing your ear against his chest so you were able to hear his heart beat.

"I love you (Y/N)."

"I love you too Josh. Always."

[I'm so sorry that this was so short :c I think the next chapter may be the last I'm running out of things to put into this story without it dragging on too much. I don't want to give you guys a bunch of half assed chapters. But I hope this isn't quite as half-assed looking as I think it is lol]