PAIN.

PAIN

My heart's getting weaker now. I went to his place and he just pushed me away. I saw the girl we saw on our last date. She was clinging on his left arm. Who was she anyway? I had her background checked, nothing was special about her. She's a rich spoiled brat. She was his first love, she left him before because they moved to New York. They promised to be loyal to each other. That they'll wait. He waited though, while making me his past time. What joy!

I went to him again the next week. The gardener of that place said that the couple moved to another place. Luckily, she knew where they moved and I gleefully thanked her.

Their place was too far from the city. It was a one hour drive from there. I knocked at his front door, it wasn't him this time, it was the girl. She politely greeted me and asked me to come in. She said that he's still at work. She asked so many questions, from my name to the most personal and private detail of my life. Then she asked why she always sees me. Why do I always follow them. Why I know where they are. Of course, I lied. I didn't want to ruin a relationship that ruined mine. I'm not that bad. I didn't want to get even. I just wanted to know his reasons. I told her that I was a close friend of his, that I'm his colleague.

A little while later, he arrived and the girl greeted him with a hug and a kiss but he didn't react. He just stood there. Eyes glued on me. For a split second I saw pain and regret visible in his eyes. Why is that? A second later he pulled me off my chair and threw me outside.