Horace x reader - sweet thank you's

Horace's POV

What a lovely day, September 3rd as usual per of course. Everyone was enjoying the sunny weather, most playing tag in the front yard, Jacob, Hugh, Fiona, and Emma off snogging somewhere I suppose. I walked through the garden admiring the flowers in a sort of daze when my eyes glazed over some pink tulips. I suddenly remember someone else who hadn't been playing tag in the yard. Well I guess I didn't suddenly remember, (y/n) never really leaves my mind. Tulips are her favorite flowers, I remember the glow on her face when she first came to the loop. I walked with her showing her the garden and when she saw the tulips her eyes lighted up. They are beautiful she told me - (y/n) however is far more beautiful than tulips. I picked a couple of the richest colored tulips and began walking twoards the house. If I knew (y/n) she was probably inside reading a novel. As I entered the door and headed to the common room I couldn't help but laugh, it was just as I had predicted (pun intended? Lol). I didn't realize how actually nerve-wracking the act of giving flowers to a girl could be until I was already standing a couple feet away. (Y/n) was breathtaking, she was curled up on the little nook in front of the window, book in hand. Sunlight coming in from the window illuminated her face oh so perfectly. Locks of her (h/c) (h/l) framing her face. Then I realized, she was asleep. I let out a soft laugh and all my fears about giving her the flowers melted away. I set the flowers on her open book so that she would see them upon awakening. It's a shame I'm to shy to tell her how I feel but it's not as if (y/n) would ever fancy me. So the secret flowers will suit for now I guess, she won't know it's me but it's the thought that counts right? I had to pull myself away from staring if I stayed too long she would wake to me hovering over her, something I didn't want to explain myself out of.

(Y/n)'s POV

I woke slowly yawning and stretching, I must of fell asleep reading.. again. It's a habit I should really stop but reading is so relaxing I can't help but drift asleep. I opened my eyes and saw something out of my blurred waking vision that wasn't there before. I sat up and rubbed my eyes and when I removed my hands I couldn't believe it. Someone had left me tulips! Tulips has always been my favourite flower I thought they were simple yet charming. They were a beautiful shade of dusty pink and I couldn't stop smiling at how wonderfully nice it was for someone to bring them to me. Then I realized that no one was in the room with me, or at least so I thought.

"Looks like you got a secret admirer" laughed Millard. I jumped a little not expecting to here his voice.

"Millard polite persons don't walk about in the nude!" I say imitating Miss Peregrine. I don't know how many times Millard will have to be told that until late he starts wearing clothes properly like everyone else. Then I blushed as I realized what he said, secret admirer? But who?

"Millard do you know who gave me these?" I asked glancing in what I thought was his direction.

"Perhaps I do, perhaps I don't" he teased and I shut my book and set it aside trying to think. Of course Millard knows but if it was a matter of if he tells or not I knew to think the latter.

"Was it you?" I asked with a small laugh, I know it wasn't Millard but I thought maybe asking would give me a clue to who it might be.

"I hope I don't offend you when I say I don't see you that way" he laughed back.

"I know Mill I just hoped you'd cracked a clue for me" I stood up and sighed with the flowers in my hand. "I suppose I should go fetch some water for these, do you think Enoch would let me borrow a jar to put them in?"