Chapter 1: Different

We live in a world where everything is different, where no person is the same. But what if there was a world where everyone was the same. Where everything was no different to anything else. Where you dress the same, where you eat the same food. That is where I live. In a world where everyone lives the same, well sort of. My life is simple. I wake up, go to school, come back, do my chores and then go to bed.

My days are no different to any other one. Well, that is until one day where my life changed forever, for the worst. It was a normal morning when everything began the same. But there was one weird thing that I hadn't realised, it was a weird sudden change. You would of thought I would of relished it but I didn't.

By the way my name is Mae if I forgot to tell you. When I was 9 my dad died in a car accident , I wasn't that sad when it happened because we hardly saw him. He left my mum with 5 girls. It was really hard for my mum because she was broken inside. I tried to help all I could with my 4 sisters. Now I'm 14. Life now is very stressful. I'm not like any other 14 year old girl in my town. I'm different to the rest. Caring for my mother and siblings. You would of thought that my mother would use her brain and get some care or help but no, she says she's 'fine' but she's not. The youngest is Perri she's 5. Then there are the twins Resse and Peyton there 9. Then Layla she's 12. When dad died it was harder for Layla because she was the closest to him. She doesn't really like talking about it. Don't really blame her.

My dad wasn't the happiest person alive, he always seemed so down. He never really got anything done around the house. He always left me or my mum to do it. When he died I had to do everything, on top of doing school, looking after everyone, I had dance and I also had a job which is hard to believe at my age. My mum always complains that dance costs too much so I pay for it myself. Dance is the only place where I can be myself. Where I can be free. Until one day.

I know it's a bit slow and boring but it's only the beginning. I promise that It will get better. If you want you should follow my Instagram account  @shannon.murphy_