The Background

Don't read this until you've read the main story.

Okay so before all of this, each student in Yumenosaki Academy gets separate tapes in which show something dear to them getting shattered, destroyed or even killed. The main objective of this killing game was to be the last survivor so you could escape.

- Mao was one of the first to receive a tape because the person who sent them out expected Mao to snap under the stress he was already in. The video was of his whole family getting killed, mainly exhibiting his little sister's gruesome death. And guess what happened? His calm, helpful demeanor turned into one of a savage. He went on a rampage because he wanted revenge and would do it through any means necessary. As he continued to kill, he couldn't even recognize his friends from his enemies, hence why Ritsu died without any sympathy.

-Ritsu, our main character, received his video last because he's basically asleep half the time and was sleeping in a classroom. He is running down the hallways to make sure what he saw wasn't true. What he saw was every student's horrible death, but he was most concerned with his brother, Rei. Of course, he acts like he doesn't like Rei, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he doesn't love him. As he went through the rooms, he couldn't stand the sight of his dead friends and classmates so clearly he'd want his best friend's comfort. He knew Mao was alive because he didn't see Mao in the video, therefore thinking he's either still alive or in danger of death. He didn't see his class's deaths either so he wanted to make sure they were okay.

This was heavily inspired by Danganronpa which is a pretty great game! I'd highly recommend playing it or watching a playthrough!

Now who was the mastermind? ...I don't know. You figure it out. //dead

I really enjoyed writing this! This was for a school contest and had to be around 250 words. I made Mao and Ritsu OOC, but it was for the purpose of the story. Hope you enjoyed haha.