Chapter 1 ; The beginning

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Emma's POV

I look up at the clock and the seconds hand seems to be frozen in time. Saturday shifts at the local shop were hell. I mean working through the week from 7am till 9pm was bad enough.

"Fucking Landlord" I curse to myself.

It had been exactly a month since he had told me that my rent was increasing, I mean surely he is not allowed to do that in the middle of the contract.. UGH. 

 __

Finally it's almost the end of my shift. This day cannot get any worse, I mean the shops been pretty much dead and the only person who actually made conversation was an old guy complaining about how the prices have gone up since he was a young boy ..blah..blah. I didn't exactly pay much attention but yeah it was something along those lines.

I walk to the back of the shop to pick up my jacket and bag as I hear the bell of the shop go off and footsteps approaching me.

"Sorry we're just about to close" I call out.

I hear a deep husky voice reply "please, can you just let me stay here for a couple hours, ill pay you or whatever umm i wouldn't normally do this i'm desperate".

Oh god, are you serious , a homeless person neeing place to stay doesn't sound like something I could deal with right now. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love charity and stuff but right now all I want to do is go home and crash onto my bed and sleep till monday.

As I turn around I find it is not a homeless person but a clean and friendly looking guy. His brown curly hair is being held back by a fabric headband showing off his perfect cheekbones and his slim perfectly pink lips.

I feel myself scanning his body and all the black ink which covered it, I wonder what all these marks symbolise.

He was wearing a full black outfit with tight jeans which in all honesty I could not even fit into.

I must have been staring a while as I hear him clear his throat and come out with "I guess thats a yes?".

I blush at the fact I had been staring at him for so long without realising. Wow, Emma pull yourself together girl. He's just a normal guy…well an incredibly hot guy to be fair but still.

"Umm no sorry I really have to get home, couldn't you like find a shop near by thats still open or something?"

I managed to say. The smile which he once had faded and looked somewhat  disappointed and desperate at the same time as he pleaded:

"Please there is no shops near by open and if I go out there again, I'll get mobbed by fans. Just please please please let me stay. I'll do anything"

I felt a burst of laughter leave my lips. He looked at me confused. In between my little giggles I managed to get out the words

"sorry that just sounded so wrong, yeah… umm sorry I'm a little immature when i'm this tired"

He chuckled to himself. I smiled back at him noticing the cute dimples on his cheeks forming when he laughed.

"Sorry about that, but what do you mean mobbed by fans?" he furrowed his eyebrows and looked at me like I was some crazy person and curiously asked

"Wait, you don't know who I am?" ….