Prologue

"Darling..."

The dirty blonde haired girl gazed into her lovers chocolate eyes, swallowing hard. "It's fine, Bonesy. I'm fine." She spoke, holding back tears. "I'm sorry." Leonard McCoy said, kissing her forehead softly and slowly. "It's whatever. Not like I wanted to go." The girl muttered bitterly, crossing her arms and huffing in attempt to hide her tears.

Bones stared at her for a second as he watched her sniffle quietly. He knew she was trying to be strong so he wouldn't feel guilty for being assigned a ship, but he knew better and as a doctor, he understood emotions. And it broke his heart to see the one he loved cry.

"Come here sweetheart." Bones said quietly while pulling her into a hug. "I'm sorry, Bud's." Bones whispered to her ear, rubbing her back comfortingly. Buddy sniffled, choking back a sob while she grip the front of his uniform tightly in her fist.

"I don't understand, Bones. I did so good...why didn't they give me a ship? Why didn't they...give me something...I'm nothing now." Buddy said faintly to the point almost couldn't hear her. "No, no, no, no!" Bones repeated as he pulled her away and gripped her shoulder while leaning his head down to look her in the eyes.

"Darling, don't ever think you are nothing! I don't care what starfleet or the professors or anyone has to say, you are the smartest girl in this entire galaxy, and nothing can prove me otherwise." Bones said sternly as he gripped her shoulders. "But Bones...they gave me nothing...not even a fucking rank. What the fuck did I do wrong?" Buddy questioned as she crossed her arms, sniffling quietly.

"I don't know...I really don't, but they should've given you something. You were one of the tops of your class, it doesn't—" Bones stopped as he heard the whistling sound to indicate he needed to go, making him sigh.

"It's okay. Go." Buddy said, placing her hand on his chest. Bones grabbed it gently and kissed her knuckles, making her crack a small smile. "There's my Buddy." Bones whispered while gently grabbing her waist and pulling her against his body. Buddy gripped onto his biceps, shaking her head with a smile on her face.

Buddy opened her mouth to respond but was stopped when Bones took that moment to kiss her. Buddy melted into him, wrapping her arms around his neck like it was their first time again, allowing him to pull her as close as possible.

"I love you." Buddy murmured as they pulled away. "I love you too." Bones said while caressing her cheek. "Through the stars." Buddy said, making Bones crack a smile at the phrase they said so much.

"And from afar." He finished the quote before kissing her again. "I gotta go." He said after pulling away. "Then go. They need you." Buddy said, kissing his cheek. "Goodbye, darling. I'll see you in a few." Bones said, kissing her forehead before grabbing his supplies.

"Make sure to write." Buddy called as she watched him walk away. Bones gave her a thumbs up while walking backwards away from her.

"Don't worry, you'll see him in no time." A voice from behind said. Buddy turned to see none other than James T. Kirk standing there with the same idiot grin he always had on his face. Buddy smiled, reaching her arms out to him.

Jim hugged her happily, rocking her back and forth in a kiddish way, making her laugh. "Oh, how I'll miss my Buddy hugs." Jim said, pulling away. "I'll miss kicking your ass in pool." Buddy said, making Jim roll his eyes.

"I'll see you around, Buddy. Now, I have a ship to catch." Jim said before dashing off, leaving Buddy to watch the ships take off while she clung to her boyfriends leather jacket that he left behind, sadness brewing in her eyes as she wondered what to do until her friends returned from the daring mission she believed she should've been on.

_

Thank you for reading this chapter, hope y'all enjoyed!
Instagram-agirlinsomefandoms
Follow for more content and check out my other stories!