2| I Caught Myself

We're all looking at the man standing in front of our class. He's all smiles and charming in his maroon v-neck shirt, black coat and dark jeans with cuts on both knees. He said that he's Adam Pichler, and he's here to invite us in a concert next Saturday night. He said that it's a fund raising concert for people around the world who are victims of child abuse or abandoned by their parents. They aim to give hope by introducing them to music and give new directions to their lives.

The concert ticket ranges from five hundred to five thousand pesos. It's a two-hour concert where the ROYALS will perform. They're also selling merchandise such as shirts, bags and tumblers.

"Interested?" Bevs nudged at my side.

I leaned closer so I can whisper to her. "I'll buy tickets but I am not sure if I'll watch," I said.

"Hindi naman masyadong halata na affected ka kay Finnick," irap n'ya sakin.

Hindi nalang ako kumibo.

I bought five tickets. Isasama ko na ang mga Kuya ko, si Josh at si Ate Lana na girlfriend ng Kuya Kid ko. Alam ko naman kasi na magtatampo si Bevs sakin kapag hindi ako pumunta.

The whole day went smoothly, and when I say smoothly, I mean no encounters with him.

"Ingat sa pag-drive," I kissed Joshua's cheek before getting off his car.

He simply waved at me before he sped off.

I went inside our house and was surprised to see my father on our living room.

I kissed his cheek. "Hi, Dad."

"How's school?" he asked in his usual strict tone.

I curtly smiled at him. "Fine."

His gaze is intimidating. I was never close to my father. He thinks little of me because of my gender. And I have to work hard just to get some of his approval and attention.

All my life, I am trying to please my Dad. I am doing everything he asked me to do, even my heart doesn't belong to that. I am taking accountancy for him, even I have another dream. I am letting go of my heart's desire just to obey his will.

My father is a general manager in one of the biggest mall in Metro Manila. And because of it, he's expecting us, his children, to take business related programs.

My eldest brother, Kid Clinton, took Business Administration major in Marketing and he's now working under Dad. He's the role model brother and responsible son. Dad's always proud of him. He pertains to him as 'the wise man'. He's obviously the favorite son.

My other brother, Colt Kieffer, is kind of opposite of our eldest brother. He's a happy-go-lucky piece of shit and taking almost everything for granted. During his college days, she shifted courses thrice until he finally decided to took Hotel and Restaurant Management. Thankfully he graduated after six years in college. He took culinary course after graduating and he's planning on establishing his own restaurant with his equally well-mannered best buddy, Randolf Espinosa. You should note the sarcasm.

Kuya Colt can be branded as the prodigal son, but Dad can always find a way to be proud of him. Like that one time that he's so proud of Kuya Colt's passion in cooking and how good he is at handling knife, and moving around the kitchen. He bragged about it to his co-workers and he said that he knows that Kuya Colt will be a successful man someday because he have the guts and the courage to take risks.