Chapter Eleven - What Power Does It Hold?

"There will be another slight change to your quest, Roll...

You'll be switching sides."

-Rollan-

"We're here," Devin finally announced as they walked through the entrance of the town, "Welcome to Trunswick."

Ever since they fed the horse whatever black substance it was which turned the horse into something that...didn't look like a horse, Rollan has been quiet ever since. Thoughts ran through his head as he wondered about what that black substance was, why they wanted the talismans, and why no one, except the Conquerors, have ever heard of these Great Beasts before.

Rollan silently followed Devin as they walked through the houses until they reached a huge house. Standing on the front was a wealthy-looking man who wore robes, a lynx standing straight by his side. A young boy that looked like a younger version of Devin, stood beside him, a smile on his face and a boar sniffing at the ground nearby.

"Father, Dawson," Devin bowed to the man then nodded to his brother. They both acknowledged him with a nod, "This is the famous Amayan thief, Roll. Roll, this is my father, the Earl of Trunswick, and Dawson, my brother and summoner of Rumfuss the Boar."

Rollan tried to keep a straight face as he bowed down as well.

"Ah, so you're Roll, the most wanted thief of Amaya," the Earl of Trunswick boomed in a deep voice, "Pleasure to meet a mastermind. Especially one who had stolen the necklace of the Prime Minister of Amaya."

"Yes, one of my hardest ones," Rollan nodded.

He remembered acting as one of the servants and snatching the necklace as soon as he was nearby. He remembered making a run for it and barely managing to escape the guards. The Prime Minister had raised the taxes just to satisfy his hunger for money and because of that, most of the poor people in Amaya struggled, some losing their homes.

Those who rebelled or didn't pay the tax were thrown into jail, making Rollan even more angrier when his own mother was sent to jail. That's when he made his great act by gaining some allies to help free those who were innocent and had stolen the necklace, leaving a letter of warning.

"Well then, since you're in our side, I should have no problem of you stealing my things," the Earl chuckled though there was no humor in it, "You'll be staying in one of our spare rooms. My servant will lead you to that and give you a tour."

At the mention of the name, a blonde-haired boy with green eyes stepped forward, wearing tattered brown servant clothes.

The servant gave him a small smile but avoided eye contact as he spoke, "This way."

Rollan then followed him as he led him through the hallways of the huge house. Rollan glanced around the paintings and the furniture as they passed through several rooms. Rollan knew that the Earl was already rich and was already thinking of possibilities of sneaking away some of the expensive things in here. Though he couldn't do that for he had made a deal.

The servant then stopped in front of a room and opened it, gesturing for Rollan to enter first.

"Thanks," Rollan told him as he entered his room.

It wasn't big though it wasn't too small either. There was a small table on one side and a bed on the other side. Not the most luxurious but Rollan felt comfy.

Rollan sighed in relaxation, "Ah finally, some rest."

"Chasing the Bamboo Panda must've been tiring for you, especially since you've been trying to do that all night," the servant commented.