Introducing Dean Forester

"Sam, dinner is ready!" May called from downstairs. I sighed, standing up and making my way down the staircase, into the kitchen, which I luckily remembered how to get to. May was still setting the table, but a young girl and a man were both seated already.
"Sam! Have a seat!" May said sweetly, motioning towards the table. I smiled and slid into an empty chair, across from the girl.
Soon, May finished setting out the food - chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, and rolls. I could get used to this.
"Would you like some water, Sam?" May asked. I nodded and thanked her as she handed me the cup. Once she finally sat down, she smiled at all of us and said, "Well, Sam, welcome to the family. I bet you'd like to know who we are, so how about we all introduce ourselves while we eat? I'll go first" I noticed that the man and the girl were both eating now, so I began digging in myself. I hadn't eaten since the morning before, because we had been running late and hadn't had time to stop, so I was starving.
May continued, "You already know my name is May, although I suppose you'll have to call me mom, at least in public. I also know your father gave you the boring information, like my age and job and such, but you should also know that I love animals, and I like to go out and play tennis. James?" She finished, looking over at the man across the table. "Oh, um," James began, clearing his throat, "Well I'm James, I'm your uh... your dad, I suppose. But I travel for work a lot, so you won't see much of me. And I um, I like hockey?" He explained, although it came out as more of a question.
May sighed and shook her head disapprovingly, but moved on anyway, "Clara honey, your turn." She said, smiling sweetly at the little girl across from me. "Hi!" Clara said enthusiastically, "I'm Clara, I'm ten and I am very excited to finally have a sibling! Let's see... I like animals, and soccer, and basketball, and hockey, and my favorite color is pink, and I am a very good student, I make straight As every year, well except for that one time but that's not my fault, Mrs. Wheeler had it out for me! And I have a collection of stones but just the really pretty ones, and I learned how to ride a bike when I was only 5 which I think is pretty impressive don't you?" I barely had time to nod before she continued her rambling, "Oh and my best friend, Emma, thinks that it's super cool that I have a big brother and my favorite TV show is-" "Clara, I think that'll do." May said, laughing. "Sorry, Clara's a little... hyper, sometimes. It's your turn now, Sam."
I smiled and spoke quietly, "Okay well my name is Sam, obviously. You guys already knew that, but um I don't really know what else to say. I love to read, and I definitely want to go to college. I don't play any sports but my dad said that I should so I'll blend in better so maybe I'll try hockey. I've never really thought about what my favorite color is... blue, I guess. And I just... I want to thank you guys for taking me in. I hope I won't be too much trouble for you."
May laughed, "We're happy to help Sam. But your dad contacted me recently, told me a few things about keeping you safe. He said we should probably change your name. Just in case."
"Right." I mumbled. Of course. Because a new home, a new family, and a new school wasn't enough for him; I needed a new name too. "So, what'll it be?" James asked.
"Dean." I said. It was the first thing that came to my mind. So now I guess I'm stuck being my older brother for a while.
"Alright then everybody," Clara said, "Introducing Dean Forester.

Hi guys!! Thanks for reading this far, sorry it's kinda rough right now. I'm trying to stay as realistic as I can to keep both stories possible. You may be confused on some details right now, but I will (hopefully) explain all of them at some point in the story! For now, just enjoy, and feel free to leave comments, questions, concerns, or suggestions!!! Bye for now!
~Autumn