C H A P T E R I

Alex- Jared Padaleck

            "Kimberl, sweetheart, get up and out of bed! We're going shopping!" My mom yelled while banging on the door.

I groaned, "OKAY!" I shouted back and the banging stopped.

Opening my eyes I stare up at the white ceiling. Memories from yesterday rushing back to me. Leaving home. Leaving everything I knew behind.

I close my eyes groaning. It wasn't a dream. We moved within a weeks notice. It all happened so fast. School had just ended- she had mentioned letting me finish school before moving- a memory of dinner last week flashed before me.

I came home late after school. I had been with Zache all evening. It was dinner time and mother had asked me to be back before them. Obeying her I got home an hour before dinner. Upon walking through the front door I see cardboard boxes leaning up against the walls. Not yet put together they laid flat.

Moms in the kitchen getting dinner ready. I walk upstairs more card board boxes lay flat against the wall at the top of the stairs. Ignoring them I walk into my room.

Discarding my bag on the floor next to my twin sized bed I throw myself on the bed. Belly flopping into the million and one pillows that lay at the head. I pull my phone out of my pocket and txt Zache to let him know I made it home; also texting my best friend to let her know the details of this evening.

Nothing too exciting. We went to the mall to watch a movie and the arcade after. It was a great evening. I felt so happy.

"Dinners ready honey."

I look back at mother who stands in my doorway, "I'm coming."

She nods her head, "we're having dinner in the dining room today."

In the dining room? We never eat in there unless we have guests, and we never have guests. It's usually super cluttered and used for a storage space 90% of the time.

She turns on her heels and walks out of my room before I could question her.

Throwing my legs over the side I quickly rush after, "Mom wait, why the dining room?"

She's at the bottom of the stairs as I speed down using my werewolf speed.

"Well," she starts, but immediately stopped as we walked through the threshold of the dining room.

I took in its appearance. Boxes. But these boxes are fully put together and taped with names of stuff written in black sharpie. What is going on?

"The movers started packing today. We hadn't had a chance to talk. With the school year coming to a close we've both been busy." she takes a seat.