~ 7 ~

Mason's POV
----------------------------
Late yesterday afternoon I had received a call from Jesse about a rumour that had been spread. It was childish and without a doubt Jason started it. Carrie and I were kissing and we looked like we were about to have sex? Seriously the guy needs to get a life but it looks like he's started his plan and I don't know what I'm going to tell Carrie. I should give her a warning and not let her walk straight into this without knowing but sometimes it's better to not know. I haven't made up my mind yet but I do know that I'll tell her about this rumour and I'll also assure her that I'll deal with it as soon as we get to school. I already posted a status on Facebook saying the rumour isn't true but I got heaps of messages saying I'm just bullshitting because I apparently don't want anyone knowing that I'm screwing around with an outcast because it might ruin my social status. Truthfully at the moment I couldn't give a crap about my social status as long as I have my true friends, Carrie and Jesse.

I hop off of my motorbike and walk to the front door of Carrie's house. I knock, now that Carrie's mum knows who I am, and wait until someone opens the door. Carrie's mum opens the door and smiles when she notices that it's me. "Morning Mason," she greets.

"Morning Karen," I half smile.

"What's gone wrong now?" she asks, looking a bit worried.

"Um it's sort of big. I really don't wish to burden you with it, maybe when Carrie isn't around. I do wish to tell her but I want to slowly tell her and not in a big rush," I sigh.

"Is there any part you could tell me now?" she asks.

"Let's just say Jason has this plan to ruin your daughter's life even more than before and I quote, 'it'll get so bad one day she just won't walk out that door for you to pick her up ever again.' I don't know if he meant her um suiciding or not. I seriously hope not, otherwise I'm gonna have to beat him up and get him thrown back in juvi," I frown.

"Shit. You better keep a sharp eye out on Carrie and Jason, otherwise I'm going to have to bury another person and I really don't want or need that at the moment," she begins to cry.

"Oh I'm so sorry Karen. Please don't cry," I hush as I pull her into my arms and rub her back. "Shhh. Karen please stop crying, you'll make me cry."

"I'm sorry, I have no idea why I'm doing this," she apologises whilst pulling back slightly.

"No you've lost almost everyone, you have the right to be like this Karen. Just remember I'm here for you guys now for anything," I smile.

"Thank you Mason for everything. Carrie deserves to have a friend like you," she says. "I'm embarrassed now. You've seen me practically at my worst."

"I'm sure there's an even more worse worst, if that makes any sense at all," I joke and she laughs. She steps away and I walk inside the house. She closes the door behind me.

"Carrie are you ready yet?" Karen calls up the stairs.

"Um not really. Do I have to go to school?" Carrie yells back.

"Oh Karen I forgot to mention about Jason. He started a rumour yesterday about me and Carrie kissing and looking like we were about to um do it," I say, slightly nervous.

"Just what she needs," Karen grumbles.

"If anything this is probably all my fault. Let's just say I have the school's queen bee after me and she'll do almost about anything to get me. So she was probably the one who bailed Jason out and has him after Carrie," I sigh.

"Popularity has its disadvantages doesn't it?" she asks with a slight chuckle. "Go on up there and tell Carrie she can stay home today if she feels it's absolutely necessary. Also tell her about that rumour and tell her it'll be easier if she goes to school today, rather than avoid it otherwise it'll make the rumour seem true to the gossipers at school."

"Alright Karen," I half smile and begin to walk up the stairs.

"Oh and Mason?" she calls out.

"Yeah?" I turn around.

"Feel free to stay if Carrie decides to stay home," she smiles and I return the smile. I continue walking up the stairs and walking down the hallway to Carrie's room. I knock on the door.

"Can I enter?" I ask with a chuckle.

"Yep. I'm not naked or anything," she laughs.

"Damn," I joke as I open the door and immediately see that she's in bed. She rolls her eyes at me and snuggles up to a teddy bear.

"Am I allowed to stay home today?" she asks and I sigh. "What's wrong now?"

"It's just um Jason has started a rumour about stuff," I answer.

"What kind of stuff? You better not mean kissing and sex," she huffs.

"Um yeah about kissing and sex," I sigh.

"Ew. Who would have sex with you?" she plays along.

"I'm offended!" I exclaim and she giggles. "Carrie I know you wanna stay home and all but if you did, to the people at school, it'll make the rumour seem true. Like you're staying home because you're so sore from me rocking your world."

"You wish mate but I do see your point. I guess I'm just not used to being in the spotlight with rumours and insults flying around," she sighs.

"What insults?" I demand immediately.

"They're nothing really. I ignore them all but they do hurt a little," she smiles and I notice it's fake.

"Carrie," I growl, warningly,

"Ok, ok. It's all from jealous girls wanting to be close to you like I am and the fact I get rides to and from school on your motorbike. The insults are just simple words like: bitch, slut, whore or attention seeker. It's nothing I can't handle or haven't dealt with before," she says, a bit sad.

"Geez girls are whiny little bitches," I sigh and she bursts into a fit of laughter. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing, it's just how the statement is so true with most girls in this society," she laughs.

"Um ok. So are we going to school?" I ask, slightly rolling my eyes.

"I guess. Now shoo and let me grab my crap and change my clothes," she demands.

"Aw what? No show for the best friend?" I pout.

"Sorry mate. The pout isn't working for me today," she laughs and I follow her demands, walking out the door. I walk down the hallway and stairs to the kitchen where Karen is.

"She's going to school today," I state.

"She made a wise decision," she smiles.

"Yeah she did," I agree.

***********************************
This chapter is slightly longer because I just couldn't end it.
I hope you enjoy and plead VOT, COMMENT and SHARE! xx