May Junction

Plot: There is no synopsis that can possibly explain the excerpt that's below. I don't know what kind of drug I was on when I wrote this, but I do not intend to do it again.

Kate was no less than a mere fly among slimy frogs and amphibians, jumping, swimming, and thumping over lily pads with a sort of graceful air that made you momentarily forget that they were slickly, icky, vile creatures that drove you up the walls. Nevertheless, they were bigger than you, stronger than you, no matter how grotesque their movements may grow and how long their tongues could reach for their prey, which happened to be her.

That's why Kate avoiding them at all costs, but their bumpy, lumpy, stumpy skin always had a presence in the back of her mind. It was an itchy feeling, the kind that faded once you tried to rid yourself of it and reemerged when're you forgot about it. Peculiar if not strange and wacky, it probably sounds like one of those tales the eccentric elderly tell, those who have seen so much yet so little. Nevertheless, Kate went on her way past the pond where the slickly, icky, vile creatures spend most of their time.

She did not hear their battle cry, a blare that could only be compared to a trumpet or even a bugle, when she neared their designated area. The pond was empty but you could feel, smell, and almost touch them right in the back of your mind where they always resided. A very prickly set of prickles creeped their way up her neck and she pushed their slickly, icky, vile bodies out her brain. If they are not here, then where can they possibly be? Kate pondered hard, so hard she almost feel, smell, and almost, just almost, touch, the blood running through her veins. Her vessels broke under the stress of mind and soon a fresh spring gushed out of her left nostril, never ceasing. Nevertheless, Kate continued, a mere fly among giants that didn't exist physically anymore but mentally, in her fears, in her nightmares, and in every fiber of her being.

Shrugging off the delay from before, Kate realized that this was her chance. Her long time foe was not present, giving her a chance to feel free, not stuck at the low, low, low, bottom of the food chain like she always was. But she didn't want to hold onto any joy that would be short lived; after all, there's no time to waste energy on that when you are wondering about there those slickly, icky, vile creatures went.