Chapter 12

“Remus?” Harry called softly, gently shaking the werewolf’s shoulder. “Moony?”

Remus jerked awake and looked up at Harry in surprise. “Harry?” he mumbled, rubbing his crusty eyes. “What are you doing here?”

“Well, I came to see if Sirius was okay,” Harry answered, sitting down on the arm of Remus’s chair. “I didn’t expect you to be here this early. Have you been here all night?”

Remus blinked and looked around the room, noting the bight morning light shining through the window. “Huh,” he said. “I guess I have.”

Harry rolled his eyes and turned his eyes to the man lying on the bed. “Any progress?”

Remus grinned up at him, his eyes bright.

“What?”

Remus’s grin got even larger, “He squeezed my hand the other day.”

“Really?” Harry grinned so widely that Remus was afraid his face would split. Remus pulled Harry forward so that they Gryffindor was seated on his lap, leaning against his chest. Remus buried his face in Harry’s dark hair. “It was amazing, Harry,” he breathed. “It was like… like…”

Harry smiled and wrapped Remus in a hug. “I know,” he whispered. “I know.”

***

Draco’s hands shook as he stood in front of the full length mirror in his room and tried to straighten his tie. With a shuttering breath, he dropped his hands and closed his eyes tightly. He couldn’t believe this was all happening so quickly. It seemed like only yesterday when he was given his mission.

It was all so overwhelming.

With a shaky sigh, he turned and headed out the door to meet his father in Hogsmeade and discuss the details of his mission.

***

“What have you been up to since I saw you last?” Harry asked as he settled into the chair Remus had conjured for him.

“Oh, this and that,” Remus answered dismissively. “I’ve mostly been here with Sirius. Don’t have much to do.”

“I wish I didn’t have much to do,” Harry grinned. Now that school’s started again, I don’t have time to do ‘nothing’.”

Remus chuckled, “Well, trust me. When you get old like me, You’re going to wish you had something to keep you busy.”

Harry grinned and shook his head.

Remus shrugged, “You’ll see.” He suddenly grinned deviously, “So how are things between you and this ‘mystery boy’ you talk so much about in your letters?”